Sunday, April 8, 2007
Happy Easter
Happy Easter! I hope you are all having a wonderful day. I am still in Baton Rouge and leave in about 30 minutes to go to the airport. I just wanted to write to let you know that the service yesterday was wonderful. It was fitting that Marianna passed away so close to Easter. While we are mourning the end of her time with us, we should celebrate that it's only the beginning of her eternal life with Jesus. Marianna was in even more pain that we realized and her family had been praying for mercy. She is finally at peace. She was truly a beautiful, remarkable person. She worked as a Children's Life Counselor at a hospital and comforted the families and friends of children in the ICU. Whenever a child "gained their wings," Marianna would make a cast of their hands to give to their family so they didn't leave the hospital empty handed. She had the biggest heart of anyone I've known. Only someone like Marianna would think of something so touching. Last year she visited Nashville and made a studio recording of her singing "Amazing Grace." They played it at the service. It was very fitting that Marianna chose that song because she lived for God's grace and lived to show others. While we were sitting at the service it dawned on me that I never realized that the next time I sat in church with Marianna it would be at her funeral. Life just gets in the way sometimes but we only have a limited number of days on this earth and they should be spent with the ones we love. I am going to try to start living with better priorities and stop being too busy or still searching for the best airfare. And the next time I see you look out because I'm going back to my hugging roots! People in Colorado just don't hug like they do down South but I'm bringing it anyway! I hope you're all having a wonderful, meaning filled Easter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so glad the service went well and it sounds like it was a true testimony to her life. She sounds like she really lived for the Lord and made the most of every day--a good reminder to all of us!
I know what you mean about the hugs--I never know if I should hug or not hug, how long to hug, how tight to hug, if someone is ok or not ok with a hug...it's nuts! :)
I'm glad your going back to hugging! I think it is soooooooooo important. I've realized that the older I get, I don't hug other adults as much. I never hesitate to hug a child, but I am never sure how adults will react to it. I have been trying to hug people a lot more lately, and it is incredible how good it feels just to have that human contact and be able to show people that you really care about them. It's GREAT!
Juli Beth
I really believe there are huggers and non-huggers and I must begin to face the truth - I AM A HUGGER! Like it or not I'm bringing it :) !! Life is just too short!
Post a Comment