Monday, June 11, 2007

100% BOY!

I have decided that Tristan is 100% ALL BOY! It's funny because his two best friends are girls and it's so interesting to see how different they all are from each other, particularly the girls from T. I would be worried except it seems that my other friends with boys have experienced the same things I have - Running around like a wild banshee with no clear direction in mind (and then running smack into walls, doors, anything really), climbing on EVERY SINGLE THING he can manage to, taste testing everything (of course this may just be because he's OUR child and not just because he's a boy!). And the kid has sooooooooooooo much energy! It's adorable and exhausting at the same time :)


We are really enjoying using all of this energy OUTSIDE :) The weather has been great and I'm convinced there isn't a place T would rather be than outside. Chaos loves it too. She's been doing SO GREAT since she's been back on her medicine too which I'm soooooo thankful for. Here is a picture of T giving Chaos a stick and then clapping for himself :) They are buddies now which is what I had always hoped for.



T is talking up a storm now too. He still signs a lot but he is starting to use the word with the sign. He'll say "More" (which sounds a little bit more like 'mo') and use the sign. I can't wait for the day he says "Peas" (for please) !! The other day in the car he started saying "Up, up, DOWN, up, up, DOWN" and I couldn't figure out what in the world he wanted. Then I finally listened to the song on the radio... and it was "I get knocked down but I get up again" - I couldn't believe it!!! I laughed out loud which of course got his attention so he has continued "singing" that song for a few days :) It made me stop and think though about just what he is picking up on, particularly on the radio and on TV. SCARY! We might have to change our radio station....!


Here is a picture of T in the swing. The higher the better :) He's hysterical here - he'll start gut laughing and it's the most beautiful sound in the whole world!
And here is a picture of him just goofing off - I think he was dancing :) !! He's such a HAM! I love it :) Every day he makes me laugh :) And I have to remember on the days when his energy level is more exhausting than entertaining, I really do have the best job in the world :)

2 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

Yes, he is a ham because he is a McHAM!!!! Ha--get it? I'm slap happy, I think.
Anyway, great pics and words to remember--we do have the greatest job in the world! I am so thankful for this time to be at home!
:)

Sara Norwood said...

I hear you on the all boy thing! Somedays I am completely exhausted by 8:30 am! Everyone tells us that boys are harder at this age, but much easier than girls when they get older.