Well my mom went home last Wednesday and Mark's mom and our two friends Jesse and Tracy came in on Thursday evening. Needless to say, it's been a fun packed and busy week and weekend!Tristan was thrilled to see his Mimi! They had so much fun straight from the beginning. It is so AWESOME to see him enjoying his grandparents even though we live so far away!! It really warms my heart.
Friday we went to the Coors Brewery for a tour. It was Tristan's first tour :) I think he enjoyed it... Hard to tell! But we got some cute pictures anyway ;)
Friday night we had a DATE NIGHT which was fantastic - Thank you Mimi! We went out to eat at El Rancho in Golden/ Evergreen. It was DELICIOUS. Not Mexican food like we had thought ;) but still wonderful. We ate on the porch outside and got to see a beautiful sunset over the mountains. Here we are on the porch at El Rancho. Saturday morning we left for Crested Butte to see our friends Andy and
Julie get married. The drive was incredibly beautiful but a little longer than we had anticipated. No worries though - We got to Crested Butte with plenty of time, an hour before the wedding.... But then I had my very first official pregnancy moment(s) when I realized that I had forgotten to pack my bag in either of our cars! No diapers, no binks, and no wedding attire for Tristan or me!!! I am not proud to say that I completely lost it! Luckily Tracy had packed an extra outfit that fit perfectly (and that I actually liked even better than my own outfit!) - THANK YOU TRACY!!! Then we met another couple with a child about T's age who had extra diapers - Hallelujah! Everything worked out just fine - I couldn't believe it. Just goes to show you - Faith, faith, faith! (I should've had more!) Tristan didn't get to wear his cute wedding outfit but really, worse things have happened!!
Julie get married. The drive was incredibly beautiful but a little longer than we had anticipated. No worries though - We got to Crested Butte with plenty of time, an hour before the wedding.... But then I had my very first official pregnancy moment(s) when I realized that I had forgotten to pack my bag in either of our cars! No diapers, no binks, and no wedding attire for Tristan or me!!! I am not proud to say that I completely lost it! Luckily Tracy had packed an extra outfit that fit perfectly (and that I actually liked even better than my own outfit!) - THANK YOU TRACY!!! Then we met another couple with a child about T's age who had extra diapers - Hallelujah! Everything worked out just fine - I couldn't believe it. Just goes to show you - Faith, faith, faith! (I should've had more!) Tristan didn't get to wear his cute wedding outfit but really, worse things have happened!!
Crested Butte is one of the most gorgeous places I have ever visited. The wedding was incredible - you wouldn't believe the views! And our hotel was probably the most beautiful hotel I've ever been to in my entire life. I wish I would have gotten more pictures but if you ever visit, you need to stay at the Lodge at Mountaineer Square. INCREDIBLE! I had to post this picture of T on the car ride back :) He was SUCH a
trooper - I was so proud! Is it possible to fry your child's brain with too much TV in 2 days?? I am telling you what - the portable DVD player is an AWESOME, LIFE SAVING invention. Thank goodness I didn't forget THAT on the trip! Anyway, here is a picture of T with his happiest, most favorite things: Baby Einstein, Elmo, milk, bink, and a hot dog :) Tell me - Does life get any better???
trooper - I was so proud! Is it possible to fry your child's brain with too much TV in 2 days?? I am telling you what - the portable DVD player is an AWESOME, LIFE SAVING invention. Thank goodness I didn't forget THAT on the trip! Anyway, here is a picture of T with his happiest, most favorite things: Baby Einstein, Elmo, milk, bink, and a hot dog :) Tell me - Does life get any better???
Still, he was happy to get home! He ran around touching and playing with all of his toys - it was really cute :) And thankfully he slept a LOT better last night than he had in the hotel. (Apparently his pack & play was not as comfortable as our luxurious hotel bed...) Come to find out he has a sinus infection :( Even still, he was SUCH a trooper. He started medicine this afternoon and he's already feeling better, thank goodness. The nurse said "I hope he's feeling better soon" and he said "ME TOO!" Soooo cute :) !!Mark and Mimi left for the land today - they're meeting Pop there and all three of them will come back here on Wednesday evening. We'll get to hang out together on Thursday and then FRIDAY WE ARE OFF FOR OUR BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!!! WOO HOOOOOOOOOO! I am so excited I can hardly stand it :) Stay tuned for lots of pictures :) (And fingers crossed that I don't forget my bag again!!!) :)
2 comments:
I didn't realize the wedding was OUTSIDE! Wow--how gorgeous!
I am so glad that things worked out well, despite some mishaps. T is getting more and more handsome!
Take care and talk to you soon. :)
Jen
What would we do without portable DVD players?!?! It is a definite car necessity for us too! I'm glad ya'll had a great time and you are looking great!
Post a Comment