Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The latest & greatest

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted! Things have been so crazy busy around here - I hardly know where to start. I thought things would settle down a little after all the traveling but no! That's ok though - I really prefer to be busy!! Tristan has had a cold the past few days so we've been trying to stay home and be mellow. Easier said than done though with an almost 2 year old!! :) Plus I've been getting a little stir crazy! But he seems to be doing much better today so I'm hopeful that we'll get out of quarantine soon ;)

Last Friday I FINALLY joined a MOPS group! It was WONDERFUL. Everyone was so warm and inviting and it was nice to do something that was just for me. AND, as an added bonus!, Tristan did GREAT in the nursery! His buddies Elie and Grace were there which only helped I'm sure. When I went down to get him he was playing with a popper toy and I said, "Hey T!" and he said "Hi Mommy" and kept walking! :) I'm really hopeful that this wasn't just a fluke and that he really DOES enjoy the MOPS nursery and will continue to do well!!
Friday night some girlfriends got together for a Girl's Night Out - YAY! That was also a lot of fun. The hubbies got together for BBQ and babysitting :) I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!! It was so much fun to get all dressed up and go downtown for a night on the town. I honestly can't remember the last time I did something like that!

On Saturday we went to the Summerset Festival at Clement Park. They had a car show (complete with tractors!) that we thought T would love. He actually liked the choo choo train better and also a teeny tiny horse named Robin. But come on let's face it - it's hard to compete with a train and a freakishly small horse.
Sunday we went to church which was also really nice. We hadn't been in a few weeks because of all the traveling and it was great to see everyone again. Great sermon too and we got to hear almost all of it before we were called out to get our crying child :( By this time T wasn't feeling well and it was time to go home.

The rest of the day went fine though. I think maybe he just needed some R&R at home. We used this opportunity to teach him to say "CHEESE!" at the camera which makes for some really cute "smiles" in pictures :) !! (see example on the car) We are also teaching him to say "Gig 'em!" (he's got the thumbs up part down anyway!) And we think he may finally understand about the baby in my tummy. For weeks he's been looking at us like "Oh dear Lord, Mommy actually ATE A BABY?!?!" but the last few days he's come up to my tummy and patted the baby and even kissed the baby a few times! It's really, really sweet!!!

Also, here is a video of Mark and T dancing last night - It is TOO CUTE! Plus, I wanted to test out the new video feature on this site :)

I think that's about all I have to report for now :) I am so incredibly thankful for my wonderful husband who is so supportive of my "me time" and our trooper of a son, even if he does have a stuffy nose. I am finding it harder and harder to imagine how I could possibly love another child as much as Tristan but everyone says your heart just grows and grows. We'll have to see :) Until then, I'm just very thankful for what I've already got :)

4 comments:

Kari said...

I love the video of T and Mark. So cute...I might have blinked a tear or two. Helps me have faith in good men!! Loved hanging out with you Friday night...we'll have to make that a tradition!

Honeycutt Family said...

Jenny,
I feel so bad--Grace has a cold too and she might have given it to T! I thought she was just teething and her nose was running clear, but Saturday it turned a little more "colored" and grosser. I'm soooooo sorry!!!!!!

Had a great time Friday night! Matt said that the pic I have on my blog of you and I looks like we are sisters. :)

We were at Summerset on Saturday (and Sunday). Looked for you guys, but it was too crowded. Ran into the Crockers on Sunday, though, at the dog show. Grace LOVED the train as well. Missed the freakishly small horse, though.

Miss ya! Hope to hang out next week after my mom leaves (and once the kiddos are well).

Brandy said...

Brooke has been sick too - just that time of the year I think. I hope he is feeling better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Go Mark! Thanks for putting a smile on my face... ;)