Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekend update

We had a GREAT weekend! On Friday Mark got to come home early and we all had a great time playing with the laundry basket. Who knew laundry could be so much fun?? But now it's one of Tristan's favorite pasttimes :) !!

Friday night we had our weekly McHammy-Q. As usual, it was great to get to see everyone and visit. It was actually quite chilly, but that only made the s'mores taste better :) ! We built a fire in the fire pit and enjoyed sitting around the campfire telling stories. Really - Does it get any better?


Saturday my wonderful husband watched Tristan while I went to get my hair colored. I feel like a new woman! He also started painting the rest of our dark wood doors white. He always manages to get so much done while he has Tristan all by himself - At times I can't decide whether it's inspiring or aggravating! But it's VERY helpful either way!!
Sunday Mark got to go to the World Series game at Coors Field. It was quite a game and he had so much fun (THANKS MATT!)! The Red Sox are an amazing team and it was so great to see our Rockies giving them a run for their money. I mean really - aside from the one, unmentionable game, our boys did really, really well! I was really proud, even if we didn't end up winning.

Tristan also has another favorite pasttime: kicking a ball. He's been able to do it but now that he has a word for it, it's that much more fun. He walks around the living room going "Kick! Kick!" It's really cute and man, the kid can really kick and he actually has quite a good aim!

He also picked up something else new this weekend: Calling Mark "Honey" !! IT IS HYSTERICAL! I'm sure we've encouraged it because we die laughing everytime he does it :) The first time he was just mimicking me but now he'll do it out of the blue!!

I have my bi-monthly appointment tomorrow to check on the baby. I always look forward to hearing the heartbeat - It makes me feel so close to our little peanut :) And it sort of makes up for the horror that is stepping on that scale. (God help me, I bought Kit Kats for Halloween and I've already opened the bag...)

And finally - it's official - We are moving to Virginia. We got the formal offer on Friday and we've been digging through the move package today. 45 pages of legal jargon and all we're hoping for is that things turn out alright for us in the end (to put it nicely). I think it will all work out just fine. God is good and all we can do is pray for peace while we embark on this new adventure. It's all very exciting but, as it gets closer and more real, it is becoming more and more sad. Denver has been our home for over 6 years - our entire married life - and we have so many great memories and friends here... But I have to believe that everything is going to work out alright and we'll continue to keep in touch with the people who have really touched our lives these past several years. I can only hope that we'll meet some people half as wonderful in Virginia!

5 comments:

Sara Norwood said...

I'm already eating our Halloween kit-kats too. At least you have an excuse!

The Armstrong's said...

**TEXAS**- NOT Virginia! Everybody's doin it, even Travis is headed back from what I hear.
CONGRATS on the new job!

Brandy said...

So, it's official, huh? How sad and exciting at the same time! Good luck with all it entails. And how fun that Mark got to go to a World Series game!

Honeycutt Family said...

Thanks for all the updates. I love that T is calling Mark, "HONEY"! Too funny!
I hate that the move is "official" now, but thought it was probably inevitable. I'm sure Mark is really excited and we are all very proud of him. What does the time-frame for leaving look like? The same as before--after the baby is born?
Looking forward to hanging out tomorrow night with the hubbys and kiddos!
Love,
Jen

Ledbetter Fam said...

I'm excited for you guys that everything is said and done. I know that it is bitter sweet, but like you said, God is good and I'm sure wonderful people and things are waiting for you in Virginia.

JB