Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A WHAT?!?!?


Today my friend Gretchen told me that our beautiful fun loving toddlers will officially become "pre-schoolers" on their 2-year birthday.


WHAT??!!?!??!!?!


Ok, call me whatever you like, but I am just now getting used to the idea of my baby being a TODDLER. I still remember on Tristan's birthday - We went out to lunch and someone said, "What a cute little boy!" My mother in law said "Oh my - She said 'little boy,' not 'baby'!" It took some getting used to but ten months later I'm finally warming up to it.


Warming up to it. Not USED to it and certainly not ready to trade that title in for "PRE-SCHOOLER"!!!!!!!!! Am I being irrational?? I don't want to be that mom who still treats her 30-year old son like a baby but I feel like this is all moving a bit too fast for me!! Do you think I would be in denial if I gave myself until he was three?? (What if I promise to graduate him to "pre-schooler" at three??)

2 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

YIKES! I totally agree with you, Jen! I'm fine with "toddler", but feel like "pre-schooler" should be reserved for when they are actually GOING to pre-school and we don't plan on doing that with Grace until she is 3 or 4, so I will wait until then before I call her a PRE-SCHOOLER! :)

Tracy Robinson said...

i understand... i still carry around a newborn diaper in my purse and it kills me every time i see it! it goes by so fast...