Wednesday, December 19, 2007

ONE MORE WEEK!



I can't believe it but my c-section is scheduled for one week from today - ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, I'm due in 11 days, so we'll see if we even make it to the 26th... Fingers crossed!! I figure if I'm going to have a section anyway, why go through labor at all??? Plus, my mom won't be here until Christmas Day and it wouldn't be nearly as "convenient" (is that even a word used when describing labor or surgery??) until she gets here. All the baby stuff is out - swing, bassinet, pack & play, and infant pacifiers. I opened a bag of Newborn diapers the other day and nearly passed out. I remember them being SMALL on Tristan when he was born! I can't believe how TINY they are though!!! Tristan is wearing size 5's now - INSANE!! I'm still having pretty regular contractions but most of them aren't uncomfortable. It's the uncomfortable ones that make me nervous! Anyway, we'll keep y'all posted!



Tristan is doing well and enjoying some new toys. Pop & Mimi got him a rocking horse for Christmas. It took a while for him to warm up to it but now he LOVES it! He likes to give the horse "pat pat's" and little kisses. It's so cute! I'll have to get some new pictures of him on it and post them.
He also loves his new blocks that his Nana and Big Jack gave him. He likes us to build "I see you's" (which is where you can see him through the blocks, like in this picture) and then knock them down with GREAT FORCE! This picture was actually pretty hard to take because he's so excited to knock down the towers that you can hardly get the picture taken first!!
Then Mark and I got him a basketball goal which has been lots of fun. He can already catch the ball (!) and make baskets. He loves to be "running, running!" and then dunk the ball - it's hysterical!
He makes us laugh every day and is learning new things so quickly. Since we've been in Virginia he's already learned several new words. "Silo" is a favorite and we're learning the specific names of all sorts of different tractors and trucks. Mommy's learning them too :) !!!
Well that's all for now. Hope you're all having a great week!

2 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

Such fun pics and stories, Jenny.
I am praying for you and the delivery next week. I'll call you when we get back from Pittsburgh to check in on baby McHam #2. I hope all the diapers from the 'diaper shower' can come in handy! :)
Love and miss you!
Jen

The Armstrong's said...

I am so glad you are back! Good luck with your c-section, I will be thinking of you and your family. Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!