Pierce and Ryen



It was especially great because it was like a warm up for the beach we've been trying to build up for Tristan! He's a little hesitant of new things so we're a little anxious about how he's going to react when he sees the beach next week. Rich's dad has a place on the Eastern Shore which is just 5 1/2 hours away so we're all going out there for Father's Day weekend. It will be our first trip with both boys...! But it will be fun. For those of you that know me well, you know I've already started my pack list in Excel :)

Brother hug
The boys are still loving on each other & it warms my heart. Yesterday Tristan ran up to Pierce, gave him a big hug, & said "I LOVE PIERCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And today he asked "Baby Pierce still sleeping?" I said yes & he said "I want him to wake up. He's my best friend." I could have bottled that moment & been happy forever!!
Oh I wanted to share this picture - I was so proud of myself! I saw this in a magazine and thought it looked easy - It was! And Tristan loved it. An English muffin with cream cheese and blueberries for the eyes and mouth and a strawberry for the nose. He was a little weirded out at first but then he ate the whole thing! What a snack!

Also in news this week - Pierce is trying to CRAWL. I can't believe it. He can scoot but hasn't gotten the arms and legs part down yet. He basically just pulls himself towards something. It takes a while but he's definitely on his way. Aaaah - things are going to change around here...
And speaking of change - In just one week, Tristan learned how to open the locks on our cabinets and drawers, how to remove the doorknob fobs and open the doors, and how to open the refrigerator. Yeah.... I'm on the hunt for some new equipment so if anybody has any reccomendations.....!
Potty training is going GREAT! Tristan peed at Rich and Megen's house on Saturday, at church on Sunday, and at Wal-Mart on Monday!!! He's got it! I put him in underwear all day now except for naptime and bedtime. I'm so proud!
Oh one more momentous thing this past week - I took my first solo trip with both boys and a full on grocery list on Monday. The trip was pleasantly uneventful except that Tristan peed in the potty (this was at Wal-Mart) and Pierce had a blow out diaper that went down the Bjorn, down my shirt, and onto my pants. Hopefully people knew this was Pierce's bodily function and not mine. Anyhoo. The boys were GREAT - very well behaved - and I got almost all of my shopping done! I was quite impressed with us :)
Oh - we also watched "Stardust" this weekend. It's AWESOME! If you haven't seen it you should totally rent it. We loved it!! Plus, the leading character's name is Tristan! :)

So I think that's it. Hope you all had a great weekend!!
4 comments:
You did have a great weekend! Each day must be an adventure at the McHam household with two busy boys. They're so cute and I love hearing the new stories!
Lots of love!
Kari
I love those things Tristan is saying about his little brother! That is so sweet... mine just poke Jude in the eye and try to steal his sippy cup!
I bet T will love the beach! Grace doesn't like getting dirty, so she wasn't a huge fan of the sand at first but she warmed up to the beach last summer.
Is "Stardust" sci-fi? We aren't big fans of that genre, but maybe we'll rent it anyway and give it a try.
Hooray for successful potty training! Samuel is still working on that. I'm hoping we can stop buying diapers by the time he goes to college :)
We saw Stardust a few weeks ago and loved it too!
Post a Comment