So our sweet, calm, chill little baby has been giving us a bit of a hard time. He has decided sleep must be something that boring people do; he has way too much to do for silly things like that! That and the two times I nearly broke down from sleep deprivation and took him to the doctor they said he was teething. Yeah. This is my favorite go-to expression. If my kids don't smile politely at the little old lady in the grocery store? "Um, he's teething." If they throw a tantrum at church? "Oh yeah, he's teething." Mark told me once when Tristan was little "Honey - he's not ALWAYS teething." But it makes me feel a little bit better to have an excuse for the way my normally angelic child is behaving. Besides, how can you prove it's not? So anyway, Pierce is obviously teething. Why else would he decide to throw a party every. single. night. for the last week for several hours each night??? Besides, Tristan just finished teething so this must be it. T's 2 year molars just came through and I thought, finally a relief from the teeth! But I don't think so. All this melodrama about it must be teeth but seriously - I can also feel the little boogers right there. So please say a little prayer for us that they come in quickly - preferably before we all have to stay in the same hotel room on Thursday night as we drive down to Louisiana :) Oh, and here is a picture of the haircut :) It has grown out a lot since I actually butchered it and Mark's new nickname (Patch) is becoming less and less appropriate - Thank goodness!

And I haven't posted yet about our weekend but we had a great time at another summer festival! Tristan rode a pony, climbed on several trucks and tractors, met some firemen, and played in some enormous bubbles! He also really liked the giant "company mascots" - you know, the giant cell phone for Sprint and the baseball team's big dog (!). We were especially proud of him for riding the pony! He was so brave and he LOVED IT!!! 




We are off tomorrow for our ROAD TRIP 08! I will try to post periodically with some updates and hopefully some pictures too. We'll some of y'all SOOOOOOOOOON!
2 comments:
Ugh. Sorry you are having such a hard time with the sleeping situation. Hopefully things will get better soon.
Have a great time on your trip!
the last time i saw bubbles like it was in college at club...let's just say girls were in white tee shirts getting more attention then necessary...
Post a Comment