After some hot chocolate and some Santa hat cheer we decorated the tree. This is the first year Tristan did that (well, all of this actually) and he had a BLAST. He loved learning about Frosty the Snowman, Santa, angels, and the Christmas star. Pierce had fun too! Mark helped Tristan put our tree topper on last.

We have had so much fun listening to Christmas music (which I would personally play all year long if nobody stopped me) and enjoying our decorations. Mark hung lights outside too which we haven't done since the first year we were married! We feel extremely festive :) It's been really fun this year since Tristan really gets it and we're enjoying it so much through him.
Pierce is also having a great time toddling around the tree and gnawing on various ornaments. Tristan enjoys getting the "baby" ornaments down for him (not the ones for grown ups "like the rest of us") and he'll stand for a long time looking at the lights. He took his first official steps to Mark last night and we got video! I'll have to upload that soon.

We also attempted ginger bread cookies. My mom makes the best gingerbread cookies in the entire world! I have lots of great Christmas memories involving gingerbread making (and eating!) and I wanted to share that with Tristan. I thought I'd start small since he's not even 3... so I bought a box mix. It was ... um ... not the memory I was hoping for ... but we'll try again next year! And I have to say - Even though they don't look that pretty and they aren't nearly as good as my mom's, they are a BIG HIT with the 2 year old in the house!
Mark started working on our fence this weekend too - What a project! I am SO THANKFUL for my handy man! :) He rented an auger to drill the post holes and all three kids enjoyed watching him work!

That's all for now. Hope you are all enjoying lots of turkey leftovers and enjoying the time off from the kitchen :) !!
2 comments:
You're gonna love the fence! Yee haw! The tree is beautiful!
I'm with u on the Christmas music, LOVE IT! It just makes me so happy, Jack on the other hand is not as impressed and hates the fact that I tune both TV's into the SIRIUS HOLIDAY station! I want to hear it wherever I am in the house. It is also a battle over when the tree goes up, but Jack wins..."not until after Thanksgiving, one holiday at a time!" I would put the tree up after Halloween if he would let me.
Post a Comment