Friday, January 16, 2009

Interview with a 3 year old

I got this blog idea from Mark's cousin Brandy - Thanks Brandy! So cute!

I "interviewed" Tristan yesterday in an effort to capture some of his favorite things at 3. Some of his answers were really quick and definite, like these:

What's your favorite thing to play with outside?
My bike.

What's your favorite thing to play with inside?
My radio. (Thanks Pop & Mimi! He LOVES this!)

What's your favorite song?
Jesus loves me. (He sings this all the time!)

What's your favorite toy?
Mom! My RADIO!

What do you want to be when you grow up?
An astronaut.

Why?
So I can fly into outerspace and jump on the moon.

What's your favorite fruit?
Strawberries.
What's your favorite color?
Brown. No Red. (I later found out this is because SpiderMan wears red.)
What are your favorite jammies to wear at night?
Thomas - the green ones because they're warm and coooooooozy.

And some of his answers were a bit more jumbled:

What's your favorite animal?
A cow.

Seriously? I asked him this an hour later and got the same response. Then later that night he said "Dinosaur." Hmm.



And since Pierce can't talk that much yet, here are some of his favorite things at 1:

Eat, jump in the new bouncing castle, play with Tristan, copy Tristan in everything he does and says, play the "Oops I dropped it now can you pick it back up for me" game, smile, laugh, and play peekaboo. Oh, and he loves all things disgusting like toilets, trash cans, and anything else you generally shouldn't lick or put in your mouth!

The boys are starting to play really well together which has been SO MUCH FUN to watch! They love the play with their instruments together, play dinosaurs or trains, or jump in the castle together. Pierce is learning all sorts of new signs and Tristan loves to help him learn them. Tristan is always asking what the sign is for something so he can show Pierce. So cute! And Pierce is just eating this up. He loves to be able to communicate!!!

That's all for now - We are really looking forward to the weekend - Happy Friday!!!

3 comments:

Matthew Crocker said...

You got a jump castle like Kits! Where did you find it? T is so cute, I should do this with Elie.

The Armstrong's said...

Great idea for a post. The boyz are so adorable.

Tiffany Lindsey said...

I love the interview! That's a great idea. I'm going to try that with Micah but who knows what I'll get out of him! I'm so impressed at how well Tristan verbalizes his thoughts for 3. What a smart boy!