There is a saying that goes like this: Men are like waffles; women are like spaghetti. Men compartmentalize everything and their conversations revolve around a single topic. When that topic has been exhausted they move on to another topic. Women go from A to B to C, back to B, finish up C, and then eventually make it back to A and nobody gets lost or thinks it's weird. This post is going to be my spaghetti. These are all things that have been on my mind. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome and cherished. This is as close to coffee talk as I get these days.
So. First of all. The move. I haven't posted much about it because, frankly, the whole internet has started freaking me out. Can you believe who can find you on Facebook? And how much information someone can get about you from your blog? Please accept this as my formal (and unpersonal - truly sorry) apology for not posting more information. I have great plans to send out a mass email once we get all of our ducks in a row. I have no idea if email is any safer but the idea makes me feel better...
Which brings me to my next point. The Magic Eraser. So. Freaking. Awesome. If you have spots on your baseboards, handprints on your walls, or shoe marks on your doors, buy this amazing product. I would be a spokesperson for them tomorrow. I bought a pack of 4 and I've cleaned the whole house with them. We are (almost) ready to go on the market. Wish us luck!
And speaking of cleaning the house, I tried to do a trial run the other day - You know, keep the house neat and tidy all day in case the perfect buyers come by at any time. This is REALLY HARD!!! I'm not a messy person - I'm actually pretty OCD but have managed to give up a lot of my compulsions for sheer sanity reasons. Still - Trying to put toys away in one toy bin while another is emptied at the exact same time can make you crazy! Tristan does a great job of helping put things away but we call Pierce "The Destructor." He loves to make a mess! The other day he dumped out an entire wicker basket of trains and then put his hands on the side of his head and went "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" Hmm. I wonder where he's seen that before.
And speaking of Pierce, he has become extremely attached to his diaper contents lately. Seriously. What is up with that? I am going to take video one of these days so I can one day appreciate the aerobatics that are involved.
More on P: He is finally starting to like books! It happened almost immediately after he got the tubes. AMAZING! He loves Sandra Boynton books, especially Red Hat, Green Hat. He CRACKS UP! Like great deep gut laughs! It's by far my favorite book to read to him. The Oops parts gets him every time :) !
The kids are cracking us up every day. I read somewhere that kids laugh something like 40 times more than adults every day. So I imagine it's pretty healthy to be around two kids every day. Or it at least evens out the anxiety they add ;) Tristan laughs so hard that he squeezes out farts. (This is, obviously, inherited from his father's side.) He likes to say our bedtime prayers with an accent. Tonight we said prayers like we had a stuffed nose. I'm pretty sure this was my personal best. He must have farted three or four times!

After trying to trade tools with Daddy this weekend, Tristan has decided his are not nearly as much fun. He later announced that he needs to go to Lowe's to get blades for his lawnmower, weeder, and saw.
He also asked us if Arkansas is scary and has saws in it. My poor, sweet, innocent baby. I can't imagine the thoughts that were going through his head. We have been talking a lot lately about how some words have more than one meaning. I am constantly amazed at what he is capable of understanding.
And speaking of being constantly amazed, Tristan has been noticing things lately. Things that make every day special. Things that I forget to notice a lot of times because I'm too caught up in the routine of things. This morning at breakfast he said in an awed whisper, "Mommy! The clouds are so beautiful!" And they were. Giant, bright white, puffy clouds rolling in against the dark thunderstorm sky. It was truly amazing. I am so thankful that I am getting a second chance to see things through a child's eyes.

Aaaaah. I feel so much better :) Thanks for listening :)
8 comments:
Laughing so hard about the farting! Greatness!
I'm a bit freaked out about the FB and blog stalkers...hmmm...have always contemplated going "private", but love to be open too. That is a dilemma. You must email me and tell me what you found out about people looking you up!
Praying that the move goes well!!!! Keep me posted!!!
LOVE the magic erasers! They are the best cleaning tool ever. Oh, and speaking of tools, Samuel is no longer satisfied with his toy tools either. He wants the real things in the garage, too. Maybe he and Tristan can go to Lowes together :)
Great post, Jen! Would love it if you guys were close enough for face-to-face "coffee talk." Good luck with the move, the selling of the house, and all that goes along with that mess.
Super post! I hope the move goes smoothly! We just got 2 offers on our house in 2 days time. This is after being on the market now for almost 4 months with no offers. I know you have done it before, but as we speak Jack is picking up all the baby stuff because someone is coming thru in an hour. It is really hard and a super inconvenience on your daily routines. If we didn't wana move so dern bad I think we would've taken the house off the market for a break after the 80th showing with no offer!! LOL
Sure, the farting thing comes from "Mark". Love Magic Eraser thing, use them all the time on my white kitchen cabnits. Miss you.
Yes, magic erasers! Best. Cleaning Product. Ever. Fred was so impressed he went out to Lowes and came back with TWENTY packages of them when we put the hosue on the market! :) Hey, spaghetti brains are all that bad - guys are just jealous b/c they can't keep up with our advanced way of thought. :) Best of luck with the move! - Alison
Ditto on the magic erasers...they are truly magical!!!! They work too well, makes me wonder what's really in those things? And I love the fart stories and the cloud story. Micah gets so excited when the sun comes out lately. Waimea in the winter is cloudy and rainy so the sun is a welcome treat. Good luck with everything!!! Hope you have lots and lots of showings!
I say all the time that kids are so fun because you get to see life from a kid's perspective all over again. Isn't it the greatest? Oh...and I've debated back and forth on making my blog private as well, but I don't want to be inclusive to just those that I have emails for? I know there are others that read that I don't mind. But then it is a little freaky as well to have all your stuff 'out there'. Hmmm...def a dilemma.
Post a Comment