As I may have mentioned before, Tristan is three. The hard times are HARD but the good times are amazing. Here are some of my favorite recent Tristan moments:When I put Pierce down for his morning nap, Tristan hangs out in his room with his Disney adventure story book. It's full of Disney adventure stories like Peter Pan, Robin Hood, and Tarzan. He gets so engrossed in the stories that I usually startle him when I walk in from putting P down. So - we have a stuffed alligator named Boudreaux. Boudreaux is one of Tristan's BEST BUDS. The other day I found Boudreaux in the hall and I peeked his head around T's door after I put Pierce down for his nap. I said in my best, deepest Boudreaux accent "Hello Tristan." Tristan screamed "AAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!" and then in a very calm and relieved voice, "Oh hi Boudreaux." Like it was a TOTALLY NORMAL EVENT for a stuffed alligator to interrupt his morning reading.
I have no idea how Tristan found out this was funny, but yesterday we went to Target and when we were in the check out line he looked at me with this really impish expression. I braced myself for something. Then he screamed really loudly, "Mommy! YOU FARTED!" I had NOT, by the way, and I was absolutely MORTIFIED!
The other morning I lost my temper. I don't even remember what it was about now but afterwards I went over to T and said, "I'm sorry I lost my temper." Later that day we drove through Starbucks. T said "I want some coffee Mommy!" Well, they had gotten my order wrong and, well, I was still in a foul mood. I mumbled something like "You wouldn't like it - it's not even that good." T said in a very deflated voice, "But did it help you find your temper Mommy?"
Yesterday we got QUITE THE STORM. We saw a lot of lightning and Tristan said "Oh, lightning! That's electricity. See - I know EVERYTHING."

No comments:
Post a Comment