Tuesday, November 10, 2009

BFF's

When I met Mark, I thought WOW. Wouldn't it be awesome to have two boys like Mark and Travis who turn out to be BEST FRIENDS??? Then Tristan was born. We got pregnant with #2 and thought if it turns out to be a girl, we might try for #3 so we're sure to at least have two of the same gender. The thinking was that two of the same gender might have more in common. (Of course there are ALWAYS examples of sisters and brothers being close - My cousins Blake and Celeste are inseparable.) Anyway - I wanted that. When Pierce was born I prayed that they would be close. Actually, more specifically, I prayed that Tristan would stop trying to kill him. And, as time went on, I prayed that Tristan would stop trying to cause him bodily harm. And then I prayed that they would stop fighting over whose toy was whose. And now I pray that things stay exactly like they are. LIFE IS GOOD. Our boys love each other - GENUINELY love each other. The first year was hard - I can't lie - But every single day seems to get better now. I am sure the move here helped - They were each other's only playpal - And they have become so close. Yesterday Tristan ran upstairs when Pierce got up from his nap. Pierce was crying a little and Tristan said, "Don't cry! Pierce, if anyone loves you, it's me!!!" Pierce looked at him, cocked his head, and said, "Ohhh, thank you brother! I love you too!" Melt my heart. These are truly, absolutely the moments. Thank you God.

2 comments:

The Armstrong's said...

Awwwwww, that was so sweet it made me want to have another kid...for a split second...but now it's gone!!! LOL Someday, but not someday soon!

Honeycutt Family said...

How awesome is that?!?!? I hope and pray for Grace and Reese to be the best of friends one day too. :)