Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I've done something.....

Soooooo.....

After finding out that it costs $75 to get Cassie groomed and $40 to buy a grooming kit, we broke down and bought a kit. I figured if it's terrible, hair grows and I will have saved $35 by trying. The first haircut went well - Better than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised. The second haircut went even better, if I do say so myself. It took an HOUR but I knew what I was going for that time. Doesn't she look pretty??? She pranced around for an entire day after she got her beauty work done :)
Then I got a little confident. After an incredibly BAD haircut (THAT I PAID FOR) for Tristan (WHICH HE SAT PERFECTLY STILL FOR) I decided - How much different can human hair be anyway?? It all started because the hair around his ears was crooked. But then the hair in back was all uneven too - kind of mullet-esque - so I trimmed that up. And then I figured, what the heck, why not just go for the whole thing and whammo, the kid had his first at-home haircut.
Terrible picture, I know, but trust me - He LOVES it! Poor kid, his hair is SO THICK and I think having it this short makes it so much less heavy. We even bought some spiking gel which he LOVES!!
Ok. Well, moving right along, I figured Pierce needed a haircut too. Might as well get on through the whole family while I'm at it. My poor baby. The last time I took the clippers to his head I ended up accidentally shaving it all off. He looked like a little skinhead.
I had used the scissors on T so I decided to start out using the clippers on Pierce since that would keep it a little longer. I started with a "3" - the same number I used on Cassie - thinking that I would probably have to go a little shorter but better safe than sorry. Keep in mind I'm an expert by this point, having already done two dog haircuts and one human haircut already. So, fully confident, I made the first snip. And then I started hyperventilating. I'd cut off TWO INCHES of his beautiful baby hair!!!!!!!!!!!!! By that time there was really no turning back, unless I wanted that section to be way shorter than the rest, so off it went. He was sitting so good and still and of course Tristan was watching so I had to KEEP IT TOGETHER, KEEP IT TOGETHER, KEEP IT TOGETHER and we finally got through it. He was so stinkin' proud of himself, sitting so well just like his big brother, and now he has a big boy haircut just like T. *sniff sniff*


Hey, maybe in two or three weeks it'll look ok :) !! Where did my BABY go?!?!?!?!?!?

2 comments:

Matthew Crocker said...

Jenny, it looks fine, he just looks like a big boy, not a baby. That is ok. He IS getting to be a big boy. You did a good job, you can cut our dogs hair any time.

Sara Norwood said...

All 3 of them look great! Nice work!