Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hello sunshine!

Does it get any better?  I am beginning to think that Spring is here to stay.  We're all getting a little slap happy about all the outside time. 

Yesterday we took advantage of the beautiful weather and headed back up to Wye Mountain for some more flower peeping.  The kids had a blast chasing each other through the fields of flowers, playing tag and Tickle Monster. 




After our "frolick through the flowers" we stopped at the lake on the way home for some "fishing." The boys dipped their poles in and thought up creative ways to catch fish. The highlight was when T caught a twisted stick. We joked about it being the funniest looking fish we've ever seen but ultimately decided it wasn't going to be good for eating.


Cool spiderweb at the lake. 

Of course the kids continue to keep us in stitches. 

Yesterday Tristan was waving a flashlight around saying "Look Mom!  I'm shining the light of Jesus!"

Another time he was giggling with Pierce.  He looked at me and said, "Mom, I think we should pick this one!"  When I asked him what he meant he said, "This baby Mom!  He's awesome!" 

The other day I told Pierce, "You are so smart!  How did you get so smart?"  He thought for a minute and then said, "Um, well, my daddy's really smart."  Meaning WHAT exactly...?? 

Yesterday a 5 or 6 year old girl went up to Pierce and starting oohing in a sweet little baby voice, "Ooooh look at the Baaaaaby!  What a cute little Baaaaby!"  Pierce's frown got bigger and bigger until finally he looked at her and said, "I'm not a baby!  I'm TWO!  I'm a BIG BOY!"  And, just for good measure, he lifted up his shirt and showed her his tummy. 

Yes, life is good at the McHam house. 

2 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

Love the pics and the funny stories! Greatness! :)

Matthew Crocker said...

So, who was going to gut and clean these fish you might have caught?