Look at this sweet little innocent boy.
Four years old. *FOUR*.
I remember joking about his first 4-letter word: Mine. Haha. I remember thinking one day we'll really have to brace ourselves when that first real 4-letter word pops out of his mouth.
Well. That day has arrived.
Today I got a nasty surprise when I picked the boys up from the gym nursery. Tristan had dropped the f-bomb. Oh yeah. First, let me assure you, this word is NOT SPOKEN in our house! He was so upset by the reaction he got after he said it that he started shaking when I asked him about it (which was actually a welcome sight...!).
Tristan is a rule-follower. He is a typical first-born. He wants to please. He even goes out of his way (bless his little heart) to tell other people when they've said or done something wrong. (I don't condone this. I'm just explaining.) He said he heard this word at school camp last week. Oy vey. The things I am *not* paying school for him to learn. But I guess we can't keep them young forever.
Please help this poor mom feel a little better by sharing your children's most awesome 4-letter word moments.
3 comments:
Friend! No official four letter bomb droppings, but I am bracing for it...bound to happen.
However...after hearing one of my workout/AB class tracks in the car a few too many times (I practice sometimes in the car...), I hear her in the back "Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy" and then she went on to explain how she "brushed her teeth with a bottle of jack". Rut roh. (Another mom friend on FB had a similar situation. Daggone pop music)
I listen to my class tracks on earphones now.
Sweet Tristan...we miss him!! (The rest of you too..;0)
Elie will happily tell anyone that papa says "damn" and it isn't a nice word to say. She will also rat out anyone who says "butt", I am guessing Addilyn will be the first to let the colorful language fly.
Grace has said, "Damn-it" and "Idiot". I hate to admit that she heard these words from yours truly....
It is sweet that T felt so horrible about what he said!
Post a Comment