Thursday, August 26, 2010

BFF's



A few months ago God sent me Shelley.  And her adorable family. 

Let me explain.

I was at the park with the boys and I saw a man with three kids.  I know it's a growing phenomenon but I still don't see stay-at-home dads very often.  And one of the kids was wearing an LSU jersey.  So I concluded that this very kind daddy was giving his wife a much needed break by taking the kids to the park - And that we had at least a few things in common.  As we walked by I said, "Hey!  Go Tigers!"  And so our friendship began. 

Our friends were new in town - less than 24 hours to be exact - and his wife was unpacking boxes at their new apartment.  A few minutes later his wife met us for lunch. 

I quickly found out that they have a son a year older than T, a daughter a year younger than T, and a son almost exactly the same age as P.  The husband is in sales and the mom is a SAHM.  Who loves photography.  And who all just moved here from Baton Rouge.  Into the very same apartment complex we were in. 

As luck would have it, the kids are all avid super hero fans.

Since then we have spent as much time as we can with our new friends.  Combined, we have five kids which makes these pictures darn near miraculous. 

Thank you Lord for wonderful friendships :)

2 comments:

--Shelley said...

Whoa! Was not expecting to see myself on here :) I love this post. So looking forward to the fall and spending more quality time with YOU at Mom's & More.

The feelings are all mutual!

Honeycutt Family said...

I'm so happy for you guys! True friends are such a blessing and so hard to find. Yay--I'm excited for y'all! :)