Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Big boy.




I'm so tired my eyes are crossing.  And yet - I can't go to sleep.  Not yet.  Because tomorrow is a big day at the McHam house.  Tristan starts school - FIVE DAYS A WEEK.  I do realize tomorrow is only Wednesday, thus making this only a 3-day week.  Thanks people.  But next week he'll go five days.  And the week after.  And the week after.  All the way until he's done with school, after he gets his MD and his PhD and his MBA.  It seems like a huge step to make, starting the 5-day-week thing.  I won't have my mornings with T anymore.  No more mornings at the zoo or morning playdates with friends.  Mark says this is silly and now we can have afternoons at the zoo and afternoon playdates with friends.  *sigh*  I say my little boy is growing up. 

Tonight Tristan told me, "Mom, you're the most beautifulest princess in the whole entire world."  I love you big boy!

3 comments:

Sara Norwood said...

Good luck Tristan on the first day of school! Samuel doesn't start preschool here until after Labor Day, and then it's just 3 mornings a week. Can you believe at this time next year we will have kindergarteners?

Honeycutt Family said...

He is sooooo sweet! Time flies, though! Seems like just yesterday we were commiserating (sp?) over teething issues with Grace and T. :(

Matthew Crocker said...

Oh friend, I am so not ready for that day to come. Glad I still have Eliana at home full time. She, on the other hand, is ready to take on the world.