- It's Tuesday. Which means that I woke up today *knowing* I was going to fail. It is physically impossible to be three places at one time which is what is required of me on Tuesdays. Tristan's school, Pierce's school, and my Bible Study all get out at 11:30. Someone will be disappointed. My goal is not to be at all three places at one time (which would be the ideal situation) but instead to disappoint everyone in the least possible amount. Is this a healthy way to look at the morning? Probably not. But today I can say with absolute certainty that, while I did not achieve the ideal situation, I did the very best I could.
- For months Mark and I have been saying how happy we are with our family of four. We are happy to be sleeping through the night, happy to be done with diapers, and happy to be relatively spit up free. We are happy to have two children who grow in their independence every day. We are happy to be rid of the insanely large and unattractive baby toys and various carriers. But Sunday morning I felt an unfamiliar twinge. It was baby dedication day and as I looked around at all the babies in frilly tutus and flower headbands I thought... *gasp*... I need one of those. Now. Keep in mind I was not looking at the little tiny boy loafers and little tiny Polo shirts with these feelings. I've done that. But I'm starting to wonder if Cassie will be open to the idea of my outfitting her with different outfits usually reserved for smaller size dogs. For now that will have to do. I will remind her that once again, we are dealing with a less than ideal situation and she, like all of us, will just have to do the best that we can with what we've been given.
- This summer, for one. long. blessed. week, I was a camp counselor at a Christian children's camp. We had first grade girls in our cabin and we decorated in a Hawaiian theme. I came home with loads of memories and a Hawaiian lei. The boys were absolutely enchanted with the lei and continue to play with it months later. This weekend we went to a smoothie joint where they, too, had decided to decorate in a Hawaiian theme. Tristan said, "Look Mom! They got laid too! Do you think they went to your camp too??"
- My cute new kicks I blogged about a few weeks ago are giving me shin splints. Any ideas?? I've heard to rest them but that seems a little counterproductive to my end goal: Reducing the size of my rear end. Anyone out there with a magic solution will quickly become my new BFF of the day.
- Guess who learned how to ride a big boy bike this weekend? That would be our two-year-old. He just learned how to pedal a tricycle so obviously the big boy bike was the next step. Tricycles are *so* last month. And as a prideful reminder, the picture of him actually riding his bike was taken on an iphone. Because we weren't exactly prepared for him to hop on the bike and go. But it's evidence and therefore must be put on the blog. Oh, and it would be helpful if he somehow convinced our
stubbornfour-year-old who fell off his bike FOURTEEN MONTHS AGO that the world is not going to end if he ever decides to climb back on his own bike.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Brain droppings
It's time for another edition of Brain Droppings. Here are a few things that have been on my mind lately:
That's all for now. Tune in tomorrow for what I'm sure will be another opportunity for a fantastic Wordless Wednesday post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
1. The best you can do is all anyone can ask. :)
2. Maybe you should ADOPT a baby girl?!?!?!
As for the shoes, I vote no running. Ick! I always get stupid shin splints and you are a skinny STICK, my dear! Exactly what rearend are you even referring to?!?! :)
I agree with Jen - you are the tiniest person ever! You don't look like you had 1 kid, let alone 2!
Post a Comment