Tuesday, October 26, 2010

BIG BOY :)

Two very special things happened in the last few days:  1)  My very special friend Gretchen came to visit with her baby Annabelle and 2)  Pierce decided to give up his binks.

Gretchen was my very first friend I made in Denver.  We were DINK's together (dual income no kids) and had our first two children within weeks of each other.  When she got pregnant with #3 I had to sniff back a few tears as I told her she was going to have to do this one on her own.  I love that girl like a sister and I love her kids like my own.  It was so good to get my eyes and hugs on her for a few days.

While she was here we ate like kings.  Gretchen is a fabulous baker and cook.  My body is angry with me but it.  was.  so.  worth it. 

Something else big happened.  Pierce decided he was a big boy and gave up his binks.  This was a huge, HUGE milestone with Tristan - one that took several weeks to completely accomplish.  Pierce cried the first night and was up a few times.  We were sure we were in for a long haul.  The next day at naptime he said, "Mom, I miss my binks."  I said, "I know honey."  And that was that.  After his first nap without his binks he got his "Big Boy Present" and we had a "Big Boy Party."  The boys have had their eyes on some Transformers so they got Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.  I must say they are *much* harder to put together than I remember!  The Big Boy Party consisted of - what else? - ICE CREAM, complete with party hats.  A fun time was had by all.  I am so stinkin proud of my very big boy. 

And a little sad too.  It's official now:  No more babies in the house :(




Tristan was so proud of his "BIG KID BROTHER" - It was adorable.  Once I even said "Hey baby" to Pierce out of habit and Tristan looked at me, eyes wide, and whispered, "mom!  don't call him that!  he's a big boy now remember??" 

Did I forget to mention the boys have discovered parkour?  If you haven't heard of it, you must youtube it right away.  The boys are obsessed.  For now they say "When we grow up we're going to do parkour" and they still ask for help when they attempt the seemingly impossible.  *sigh*  I am definitely not ready to have grown up kids!