As previously mentioned, we went down to my folks' house for Thanksgiving. The boys are getting bigger every mili-second and I've found that the holidays are getting more and more fun and less and less stressful. Well... Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself.
I think as I get older I realize just how incredibly blessed we are. Mark and I have been married for going on ten years now and we're still crazy about each other. Our parents are both still married and in good health. We have two *very active* boys who surprise us each day with how sweet, smart, and stubborn they are. They are strong willed which is a blessing too - Something I sometimes need help remembering :) We are all healthy which becomes more shocking as the years go by. Things like skin pigmentation and five extra pounds (ok ten) really genuinely do seem like no big deal. I've found that my 30's have put me in a very good state - Young enough yet old enough, idealistic enough yet wise enough, sturdy enough yet cautious enough. Life is good.
We were able to celebrate Turkey Day with my folks and my grandma this year. I am thankful for my grandma. Last year we almost lost her and each day is really, very truly a blessing.
It is moments like these that humble me to my knees and wonder what in the world I have done to deserve all of this.
I hope you all had the most wonderful of Thanksgivings too.
No comments:
Post a Comment