Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Tristan
Our sweet boy Tristan.
Tristan, admittedly, takes after his mother. There is no shortage of drama or self-righteousness. Most days have a lot of laughs in them but also a few tears. There is much stomping about with hands on hips and bursts of "That's NOT FAIR!" My mother used to give me "The Parent's Curse": May you have children JUST LIKE YOU. I called her yesterday to tell her it had happened.
Sort of.
He also has a pure angelic side. The things that come out of his mouth, straight from his heart, land me flat on my rear wondering how in the world I could be so blessed.
On Good Friday, (after complaining that Pierce got to have an Easter egg hunt and eat sugar and all he got to eat was protein because his school doesn't celebrate Easter), I dropped him off at school like every other day. He announced to the teacher at the pick up line that "Today is Good Friday. Today we remember Jesus dying on the cross. But I remember Jesus every day because I read my Bible and I love Him."
You may have heard we've been getting a little rain here lately. (If you haven't heard, all I have to say is WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN.) T wondered aloud why God would send so much rain when he had promised he'd never flood the earth again.
Then later, as we were driving home (in the pouring, never-ceasing rain), Mark joked that we should go get the car washed. T laughed and said, "Silly Daddy! We don't need to get the car washed today! God's already doing that for us!"
The kicker was this morning. T woke up early as Mark was leaving for work. I was still in bed. Strict rule at the McHam house - If you get up before the sun you must stay in your room and play. When I got up around 6:45 I found T sitting by himself in the living room, munching on some Raisin Bran. I said, "T! I didn't know you were still up! And you're all alone! Why didn't you come get me?" The sun had been up for a good ten minutes by then. He said, "Oh Mommy, I wasn't alone. God was with me the whole time."
From the mouths of babes. My cup is truly running over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment