Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gone fishin.

I grew up on the water.  My grandfather fished every week of his life until he died at 89.  My mom was actually a shrimper during the summer while she was teaching.  And we had a fishing camp south of Houma growing up.

I love to fish.

I love the peacefulness, the stillness, and the calmness, followed by the extreme excitement of the catch.  I love the heat of the sun on my back.  I love the sound of the crickets and mosquitoes chirping and buzzing around.  I love it all.

I must say I did not envision the same fond memories with two howler monkeys tagging along, but it thrilled me beyond words when the boys took an interest in fishing too.

We took them to a few places but after the third trip with no fish we worried they'd lose interest.  I set out on a mission, facebooking and emailing everyone I knew.  Armed with a new locale and high hopes, we marched towards our new destination (which, awesomely enough, turned out to be five minutes from our house).

SUCCESS!!!

Tristan caught two fish and hooked a third on the first trip out.  Ladies and gentlemen, we have found a new family passion!





A big thanks to all the "willing" participants who gratefully gave their lives for our day of family fun.

No comments: