Sunday, December 11, 2011

The more the merrier

Can you do TOO MANY Christmas activities?  I think not.  Yesterday we had the AWESOME OPPORTUNITY to see Santa come in on a - wait for it - HELICOPTER.

Y'all.

I have been trying to get my kids to this event for two years but it's at a private club.  Finally - FINALLY! - we got the opportunity to go this year. Honor and Stephen are my new BFF's!!  I could hardly sleep the night before I was so excited!  And I have to say, it was REALLY EXCITING!!!










Jolly has also been up to his silly antics!  The boys love seeing what he's been up to the night before, after he gets back from his visit to the North Pole.  Apparently elves LOVE sugar because a lot of his play involves sugar in some form or another.  He's also a bit of a kidder!  I know the boys' favorite ways to find Jolly are when he's had some sort of crazy fun time with some other toy friends or gotten into some kind of chocolate stupor, but on this particular night Jolly had a very important message for the boys.  It seems they were under the impression that Christmas is all about presents and trees and Santa.  While we explained that Jolly wouldn't even have a job if Jesus hadn't been born, Jolly's message seemed to really drive the point home:


But because he is an elf and because elves really do like to have fun most of the time, he was back to his sugar highs the very next night.  No matter - The boys got the message loud and clear.


Tristan was APPALLED when he found Jolly like this!  He was so embarrassed for him and said, "OHMYGOSH Mom!  He needs a napkin!"  He carefully folded up a napkin for him and laid it neatly beside him.  When we got back from school, Jolly had used the napkin to clean himself up a bit.  I'm sure he was very grateful for T's thoughtfulness!  

Now this was a funny morning!  Apparently Jolly decided to have some fun and paint our noses in our sleep so we looked just like Rudolph!  The boys announced "I FELT HIM DO THAT!!  I DID I REALLY DID!"  (And believe me, they really did!)  It made for a very exciting time!  Tristan and Pierce woke up and, before finding Jolly, realized their noses were red.  They promptly cleaned them off, then found Jolly, then came to our room explaining that they'd found Jolly but they didn't understand his note.  When we turned the lights on they screamed and laughed and realized that WE had red noses too!  They hadn't realized that Jolly had played a trick on them!  


I was so sad that I didn't get to see them with their red noses that they let me paint them again for a picture!  That silly Jolly - He is so funny!!!


Hope you're all having just as much fun!!!

No comments: