So it's been about a month since my last post which means I must be right on schedule to post again ;) !! Today was the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! I have a first grader and a PK4-er. I can't believe it. They are literally growing up before my eyes!! Last night I stayed up late laying out uniforms, making a little "first day of school" banner, baking special "puffins" from Pinterest (muffins made with pancake mix), fixing lunches and snacks, and taking pictures of EVERYTHING. T didn't go to bed until nearly 9 he was so excited/ nervous. I totally understand how he felt. I was still up at 11 willing my body to fall asleep. We all woke up bright and early this morning ready to start the day. Here's how it went:
all my bags are packed... I'm ready to go...
Tristan's big boy binder for 1st grade and his first piece of homework, "All about me." He picked out the pictures and we put them in a collage together. Then he added a few pics from the internet. (Unfortunately, I was severely lacking in the Bear Grylls image category...)
Happy Happy Happy first day of school!!!!
"Puffins", made from recipe from Pinterest.
Getting all dressed...
Oh just look at the love!!! T is too cool for school - I absolutely mortify him with pictures at school!!! But Pierce could hardly stand himself - He was so excited!!!
Walking into his classroom
Hanging up his backpack
Reunited with BFF Pierce P. (Third musketeer Collin hadn't arrived yet.)
T walking into his new classroom
Getting all settled in to his desk. That's his teacher patting him on the back.
As soon as I dropped off my babies I went to the gym. Apparently my gym clothes shrank over the summer. Sigh. No matter. I waddled myself into that place and hit it hard. After that, I took a nice long shower (by myself) complete with leg shaving. Then I put on a facial mask and whitened my teeth (by myself). Then I completely straightened my hair and put on all my makeup (by myself). Then I uploaded all of the back to school pictures and added them to the blog and Facebook (by myself). Oh yes. God is rewarding me for not eating my children this summer :)
All that being said, I could not get to carpool fast enough. The alone time was nice... but I missed my boys!!!!!!!
And tomorrow we'll do it all again...
No comments:
Post a Comment