Sunday, April 29, 2007

Weekend update

Last week Mark's brother Travis came into town for work and was able to stay at our house! We had so much fun but the most fun was had by Tristan who was just giddy with excitement over Uncle Travis's laptop! Uncle Travis let him play with all the buttons and Tristan ended up changing his background, downloading some software, and googling something quite unrecognizable in any language. We were most impressed with the first two feats :)

And here are some pictures of Tristan and Elie at Starbucks last week. Gretchen and I are trying to walk around the lake at Clement Park more regularly and there just HAPPENS to be a Starbucks right there too :) So it's a perk :) The kids were hilarious though and really enjoyed lounging in the big red chairs.
Something new - Tristan can now identify several body parts when prompted (and when in the right mood!) He knows ears, eyes, nose, mouth, tongue, hair, belly button, feet, toes, and hands. We're so proud! He especially likes to point out these body parts on poor Chaos!!!

On Friday we had another McHammy-Q and the Crocker's and Honeycutt's came over. We are so blessed by our friendships with these families. I can't even begin to express what a gift they are!!! Especially since Gretchen, Jen, & I all have kiddos about the same age. I think going through this great journey of mommy-hood with special friends makes it all that more special.

Yesterday I went up to Westminster to help my friend Kristin register at Babies R Us!!! You know - it's funny. Being a mom, you don't get annual reviews or even paychecks that tell you that you know anything or you're doing alright. But helping a fellow mom - That makes all the non paychecks worthwhile! I feel like I can hold my head high and puff out my chest because I actually have something to contribute!!!
While at Babies R Us, I picked up these stacking cups for Tristan and they were an immediate hit. He thinks it's HYSTERICAL to put them to his ears and hear the white noise! He laughs his head off!!!!

Today Gretchen and I took the kids to Clement Park and walked around the lake and had a picnic for dinner since both our men are out of town for the evening :( But we had a great time enjoying the beautiful weather and the cool breeze. The kids loved seeing all the dogs, ducks, and birds and fed each other raisins and bits of apple. It was SO CUTE. Elie would hand T a raisin and he would say "TANK yooooo" and this went on and on for a few minutes. I even took video! And thanks to everyone for all the helpful advice about getting video on the blog. Now I just have to get off my lazy butt and do it :)

I hope your weekend was just as wonderful!

1 comment:

Honeycutt Family said...

We love you guys and are so thankful for your friendship too! The Friday night McHammy-Q's are a highlight in our week! :)