Thursday, September 27, 2007

MOVING?!?!?


Well things have been kind of hectic around here ... Mark has been approached about an opportunity within Rockwell in Roanoke, Virginia. He has one more interview but we've been told it's just a formality, so we're really just waiting for an offer. This is happening WAY quicker than we thought it would! The manager said he'd like to have Mark there by late October! But Mark suggested that end of January was better (since we're due December 30th...). The manager said that would be fine. After thinking about it though, I'm not sure that moving before the baby gets here wouldn't be easier. Then again, it's a lot to squeeze in between now and baby - packing, moving, buying & selling houses, and holidays. I'm not sure it's even possible - but wouldn't it be easier to do with one kid instead of two?? And also, how hard will this be on Tristan? A move and a new baby? Does anyone have any tips or pointers on how to make a transition like this easier on our little guy? It's a really great opportunity which is very exciting, and Roanoke looks AWESOME, but I'm so sad at the same time, thinking about all the great friends we'll leave behind. My friend Gretchen said it's ok to feel two things at the same time - excited and sad. I guess that's my prerogative as a woman :)

Here is a cute picture my friend Jen took at play group yesterday of our four kiddos. This is what makes me so sad!!! What will T do without all of his buddies?? And what will I do without their moms???


Grace, Andrew, Tristan, & Elie

4 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

Yikes! Lots to think about. You know that God will help you through this transition as much as you let Him. Tristan is still young enough that this might be confusing for him, but he will adjust fine, I'm sure. I personally would think that moving before the baby comes would be easier. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier on Tristan, too. That way he would make one change at a time. If you move in Oct., he will still have a couple of months to adjust to that before the baby comes. If you wait, he will have a new baby to get used to and then shortly have to adjust to a huge thing like moving. Of course, this is all just my opinion, and you and Mark are the only ones that know what is right for your family!!! We will be praying for you guys as you make these decisions and prepare for what promises to be a really exciting time!

JB

Honeycutt Family said...

Jen,
I seriously well up when I think about y'all moving! I know I have only known you for a year, but it feels like so much longer. You are one of my best friends and I will hate to see you leave!
That being said, I know that God is in control and that this move is probably the best thing for your family. I honestly don't know if it would be better or worse to move after the baby is born. It seems like a tough call either way...I suggest to keep praying about it and God will reveal His plan for you guys...
Love ya,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jen. Do you guys always have to do this during a pregnancy?!? I mean, I know Mark likes adventure, but one thing at a time! ;)

T will be fine, no matter what you guys decide. Kids are resilient, especially at this age. He may be a bit confused for awhile, but he'll soon get caught up in his new surroundings.

Keep us posted on your decision and let us know if you guys are coming home (to the Woodlands) for the holidays.

Love, Jen.

Brandy said...

WHAT?! I know it must be a hard decision and will be praying for you guys! Whatever happens...I know Tristan will be fine.