Mark's mom came to visit this past weekend and we had SO MUCH FUN! Friday we went to the Colorado Mills mall and I have to say it was probably Tristan's favorite shopping experience EVER! He
rode on the carousel, had his first experience with Haagen Daz ice cream, and played on the trucks that move and beep for only 75 cents. (Poor Mimi probably dropped $5 on that alone!) He also got some snazzy new shoes with blinky lights on them.
On Saturday we went to a neighborhood Fall Festival. We enjoyed kettle corn and beautiful weather. (Hard to gauge which was better!) Tristan especially loved all the wind! He also boogied down to some karaoke and enjoyed the toddler obstacle course (which included things like slides, balance beams, and instructions to jump up and down and reach for the sky).Sunday we drove into the mountains for some "leaf peeping." The leaves are GORGEOUS this time of year!! All the aspen are turning colors. We drove almost all the way up to Mt. Evans (can I count that as a 14-er??) where there was even some snow on the ground! We got some great pictures and everyone had a great time - Even Mark! And he didn't even pass out when I mentioned maybe making the leaf peeping a family tradition :) !! Here are a few of my favorites:




Sunday night we also got a DATE NIGHT - THANK YOU MIMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) We went to Bone Fish Grill to celebrate our 6 year anniversary. I am so thankful to have been married to my best friend for so long! :) We got to thinking about it and realized that we've been married more than 25% of our lives. Crazy! We are so blessed.
As far as the job situation goes, here is the update: Mark is flying out to Roanoke next Tuesday to meet with the man who would be his boss's boss. He'll be back Wednesday night. Hopefully we'll know more then!
Regarding baby - I have my monthly appointment on Thursday where I get to get my glucose screen done - yay :) I've also been having some contractions. It was pretty scary this weekend - They were hard and every 15 minutes for several hours - But I think it was just dehydration and too much activity. The doctor told me to drink more water (and therefore spend more than half my waking hours in the bathroom) and keep my feet up more (Does HE have a 2 year old??). At any rate, the contractions have dramatically slowed which is great.
Not much else to report. Hope you're all doing great! :)
3 comments:
Great pics, Jen! So glad you guys had a fun time and got to see some pretty colors.
I loved getting to meet your MIL on Monday. She is awesome! :)
Love,
Jen
What an adorable picture of Mimi and T man! :) I can't wait to see you guys. Tristan isn't going to recognize me from year to year if I only get to see you guys at the holidays!!
Mimi had the BEST time EVER !!! So much fun being with you guys. Jen you make pregnancy look easy ! You look wonderful. Loved being with our little guy - he is sooooo precious. Enjoyed meeting your friends (feel like I have known them a long time ! :) ) The playgroup is just as precious (maybe more so) than their pictures. Love you bunches, Mimi
Post a Comment