Saturday, October 6, 2007

Friendly rivalry


Our good friends Matt & Jen are die hard UT fans. Mark and I can't figure out why because they're really cool people other than that! Haha :) Their daughter Grace is a good friend of T's. We have a good time teaching the kids "Gig 'em" and "Hook 'em" and are currently trying to brainwash the fight songs into their little heads. Today we drove up into the mountains and tried to get a few pictures of the kids in their rebel attire. I'm not sure they quite got what all the fuss was about :) but we all had a good time anyway! T & Grace especially liked playing in the leaves and throwing them high above their heads. Later, T finally realized he's a boy and played in the dirt - A LOT! He got dirt all over his face, his hands, and me. Ah yes - the time has finally come. I guess it was inevitable :)
In other news, Tristan is growing like a little gordito weed. I JUST BOUGHT him 4 pair of flannel pajamas (granted they were only 18 mo. but they looked HUGE!) and 4 pair of jeans (again, 18 mo. but he is cursed with the same long torso/ short leg syndrome that his parents have) and I'm telling you he has outgrown them all already. They lasted about 2 weeks. So today I went to Children's Place and bought every single 24 mo. flannel pajama they had in any color that was remotely boyish. That's right, all 3 pair of pajamas are now mine. I also bought 2 pair of 24 month jeans. They'll have to be rolled a LOT but they have a chance of fitting around T's middle section - which seems to be increasing by the hour :)



Chaos seems to be doing better but we are still worried that she has finally gotten hip displacia. The vet said it's really a matter of when and not if because of her breed but just to be sure, she's on an anti-inflammatory for the next 2 weeks to make sure it's not an injury. When we're done with the medicine we'll reassess. We may have to do x-rays in which case they'll have to put her under :( I can't believe our little girl is almost NINE. It's been hard to see her so docile lately - she doesn't run up to us anymore when we come in the door - but she still finds the energy to chase the neighbor dogs along the fenceline. That makes us happy :) I'll keep y'all posted.

I can't remember if I posted about this or not but Mark is going out to Virginia on Tuesday to meet the prospective team. He flies back on Thursday. Hopefully we'll have some sort of idea then about just how certain this all is.

Thanks to everyone who was praying for my grandma - She is really improving and should be going home tomorrow. She finally passed some gas ;) hehe (I never prayed for anyone to fart before!) But they wouldn't let her go until she was farting regularly :) For those of you that know my grandma I hope you find this as funny as I do :) !!

Unfortunately, my MOM had to have quick surgery yesterday. She called yesterday afternoon and informed me that she was having her gall bladder out in about an hour! She had an accute infection. Thankfully the surgery went well and was pleasantly uneventful. She's already home and feeling much better.

I think that's all the news for now! Hope you are all doing well :)

4 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

Jen,
I didn't know about your Grandma or your mom. Glad they are both fine and doing well.
Thanks for hanging out with us yesterday. Always a fun time! Check out my blog when you get a chance...I posted about our "rivalry" also. :)
HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!!!!
Love ya,
Jen

Elliott family said...

Jen,
Were glad to hear everything is ok with both your mom and grandma. And sooo sad to hear about Chaos, I do have some info. that might help. Please send me your email address or call me at 713.377.2915. Take care and hope to talk with you soon.

Sabrina:)

Brandy said...

I am so jealous of your pretty Fall leaves! We are just now *starting* to get a few, but it is mostly still green around here! ENJOY! Those pics are precious!

Honeycutt Family said...

Jenny,
You have been "MAN TAGGED". :)
Check out my blog for more info...
Jen