Thursday, March 20, 2008
1 step forward, 27 steps back...?
Well, I think I was a bit premature in my earlier post about Pierce sleeping so well. Either that or I jinxed myself...! Let's just say he has become a pacifier junkie. I was using it at first to lengthen his stretches at night - that seemed to be working marvelously! But it's gotten steadily worse over the last week & last night he wanted it put back in his mouth every half hour. I decided "No time like the present" &, with bloodshot, teary eyes, started a new sleep training plan. It's simple genius really: No more pacifier in the bed. We had to do this with Tristan too & around this time. It's NOT the easiest transition to make. And I felt like a horrible mom, depriving my sweet little innocent baby of this one simple pleasure but... I can only survive on so little sleep! I still have a 2 year old to take care of who, I might add, is VERY well rested and currently into head butting... It's all going to be ok... right???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We just got rid of Addie's pacifier last weekend - and she's almost 2!
I think you've got the right idea. Addie didn't sleep through the night until she was a year old. The only reason it took so long is that she would wake up and realize that she had lost for her paci... and of cours, mom had to come and find it.
I've learned my lesson (and it was a hard one at that)... I'm cutting the next kid off early!
As Scarlet O'Hara says, "Tomorrow is another day!" I agree that it's gotta be better...
:)
Post a Comment