Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hippity hoppity Happy Easter!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! We sure did! Travis & Jana Kay came in to visit and it was so great to see them and catch up. I feel so fortunate that we have such a good relationship with them. I sooooo want Tristan & Pierce to love each other the way Mark & Travis do.

Anyway, things here have been good. While Trav & JK were here, we went on a hike in the woods in front of our house, went to the park, and, of course, had an Easter egg hunt! The bunny was very good to us. Tristan got some new books, a new bink, a toy truck, and some bubbles. Pierce got some new rattles and some wristbands that shake. After church Mark & Travis -- I mean THE EASTER BUNNY -- hid some eggs in our backyard. Tristan was beside himself! He'd find one and quickly shake it to see if there was a jelly bean inside. The ones that didn't rattle got discarded :) He's still talking about the "beans" the bunny left and he wants to know when he's coming back :) !!

Oh, and a sleep update! Pierce has been doing really, really well the last few nights and last night he slept from 8:30 until 4:15!! WOO HOOOOOOOOOOO! Go baby go! I feel like a new woman.

Here are some pictures from the weekend:
Hiking in our front yard!

Travis & Jana Kay

Sweet baby Pierce at the park

Happy boy Tristan at the park

Easter loot

Showing Pierce his Easter loot

Enjoying a "bean" on the hunt


Open, open, open! I know there's a bean in here!!!

Loving on baby Jayden :)

Something else that's been on my mind lately: Enjoying my "job." Being a mom has been my dream for a long, long time and now I'm finally able to stay home with our two wonderful kids. There's one catch though and I didn't see it coming - I never leave the "office." It's a struggle for me because I realized last night that I look at each day as a job and it's hard to take off my work hat at night. So last night I started praying to view each day as an opportunity to love our kids, not just complete the tasks that are required of each day. I don't want to look back on this time as a missed opportunity when I was so busy doing laundry, dishes, and diapers to ENJOY our kids and our family. If you have any tips or advice on how to do this, I'd love to hear it. In the meantime I'm just going to keep reminding myself to slow down, take a deep breath, and realize that today is all we have right now so I better enjoy it.

3 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

I don't have any advice because I'm not there yet. All I ask of you is that you do enjoy it and cherish it for those of us who can't stay at home yet. I'm a little jealous!!! You are sooooo blessed.

JB

Honeycutt Family said...

Looks like a very, very fun Easter! :)

I have been trying to stop and breathe and enjoy this time at home with Gracie too. It truly flies by!

Tracy Robinson said...

as soon as i realized that EVERYTHING is "cleanable"- kids, clothes, floors, couches... i relaxed a little bit and enjoyed my kids a little more! its a mantra i have to repeat in my head sometimes over and over, but that realization DOES make a difference! also- pick your battles- once i quit fighting emily on what she wears every morning and decided to let her dress like a homeless punky brewster if she so chose- my mornings were much more pleasant!!