Sunday, May 4, 2008

An action packed weekend!

Well we had a fun, action packed weekend!

I think I mentioned earlier but one of our favorite things about living in a small town are all of the festivals! This weekend there was the Strawberry Festival and the Chili Cook-off and they were within walking distance of each other. So of course we did both! The Strawberry Festival was at a park downtown where you could get anything and everything strawberry. There was live music too. Then we walked a few blocks to the Chili Cook-off. They had live music too and about 20 different stands with different companies competing for the title of Greatest Chili Ever. I tried about 4 kinds and was all chilied out! But Mark held strong :) They also had this giant inflatable slide that Tristan LOVED! Later that afternoon we went to the park, played on the jungle gym, flew a kite, and watched some "big kids" (probably no older than 6!) play softball. Tristan loved that so much that he ran the bases about ten times with Mark and Chaos after the game was over :)

Today we went to church and then Mark and Tristan mowed the lawn. This is one of T's favorite things to do right now. He follows Mark all over the yard with his Little Tikes mower. When they're done he always says "I'm TIRED! Mowing is HARD WORK!" He's also learning how to weed-eat. (He uses a stick.) This is also very hard work! Good thing they did that before lunch!

The doctor gave us the ok to double up on Pierce's medicine until we have our appointment on Wednesday and this has been LIFE CHANGING! Things are going really, really well on the reflux front. He's sleeping and eating better and everyone is much, much happier.

Well, that's all the news I have! Oh, I also wanted to share some of Tristan's funny sayings this past week:
  • As I said earlier, we live in a small town. I probably don't hit 50 mph very often and if I do, it's to pass someone on the highway :) Well we decided to drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway last weekend. It's a beautiful scenic drive that lasts about an hour. Needless to say, the troops were getting restless so Mark stepped on the gas. He probably got up to around 60 when Tristan said "Daddy! You're going SO FAST!" Mark said "Compared to what?" and Tristan said "Slow!"
  • Yesterday Mark and Tristan were playing under the kitchen table. Pierce was sitting on my lap in a chair and Chaos was sitting next to us. Mark said "Tristan, do you see Mommy's feet?" "Yeah." "Do you see Pierce's feet?" "Yeah." "Do you see Chaos's feet?" "No Daddy no - PAAAAAWS."
And of course no post is complete without some cute pictures so here are a bunch from the weekend:
Mark & T on the giant slide at the Chili Cook-off

Tristan at the park, in a tunnel


Me & P @ the park


Mark, T, & Chaos running the bases


A little brotherly love :)

Trying homemade ice cream at the Strawberry Festival - Mmm, mmm, good!

Look guys - strawberries!




My little helper, walking to the Chili Cook-off

Happy little man, along for the ride!



The boys, mowing the yard

1 comment:

Matthew Crocker said...

Your a good woman, to let your man eat all that chili. DId you make him sleep in the guest room?