Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pediatric physical

Well we made it to Baton Rouge! Our flights yesterday were GREAT - Pierce did SO GOOD!!! He didn't sleep a wink - everything was way too exciting! But he did great and his ears didn't seem to bother him! Today we had his pediatric physical to ok him for surgery tomorrow. Everything looks good. He still has fluid in both ears (shocker) but they are currently not infected (because he's still on Augmentin). Surgery is scheduled for 7 AM tomorrow.

We're having a great time with Nana and Big Jack! The weather must have been special ordered - High of 75 and sunshine! We've been having lots of outside time which has been wonderful!

Tristan and Mark are having a great time at home. Tristan told me last night he got to eat CHOCOLATE JELL-O PUDDING and Mark told me he didn't realize he had never had it before ("after all honey you buy it every single week" he told me - Yeah, for ME! :) ) Mark told me he dropped T off at school just fine this morning and only slightly crusty from his morning art project :) They are having a BLAST and I worry that it will be a major let-down when I get home and Mark has to go back to work :(

It's been weird to have all this time with just Pierce... It's been nice actually to spend so much one on one time with him but I feel so guilty when I'm not actively missing the rest of my family! Still - Pierce has already blossomed. He's trying to say so much more and he's gotten a lot more demonstrative just in the last 24 hours. Suddenly, for the first time in his life, he has center stage and complete, undivided attention from EVERYBODY AND HE LOVES IT! Not that he won't be SUPER excited to get home to his best bud Tristan and see Mark but I think, for right now, he's very content to soak up being #1 for a little while.

I'll let y'all know how the surgery turns out tomorrow - I am hopeful that this will be the MAGIC FIX we've been praying for!

6 comments:

Tiffany Lindsey said...

I do too! I'll be keeping little Pierce in my thoughts and prayers and I hope the surgery gives his tiny ears some relief. Take care and travel safe!!!!

Jen said...

I'm sure the tubes will do the trick - Addison never had one ear infection after getting hers and the surgery was quick and painless (at least for her - I hated passing her off to the nurses. She looked so tiny in that itty bitty hospital gown... Oh, wait! I'm supposed to be making you feel more at ease, here... don't worry, I'm sure Pierce will be in very good hands!)

Matthew Crocker said...

Glad you and baby P made it ok, I chatted with Mark a bit yesterday. Good luck, and be brave Mama...and P!

Brandy said...

I'll be praying that this makes a huge difference for him and that the surgery goes off without a hitch!

Sara Norwood said...

I hope everything goes okay with the surgery today! We'll be thinking about you guys!

Tracy Robinson said...

Isn't it wierd when you only have one? I love being one on one with the kids, its a pretty rare experience, but you notice so many cool things about them you never noticed before!