Cheese & tomato panini
Quesadillas
Cut up lunch meat & raw veggies (w/ Ranch or salsa dip)
Chicken salad on crackers (or egg salad)
Mini pizza - English muffin with marinara & cheese; can top with meat & veggies
(***We had this for dinner last night and Tristan said "GREAT DINNER MOMMY!")
Turkey dogs/ hot dogs w/ crackers & fruit
Chicken nuggets (I love those Boca "chicken" patties) w/ fruit & crackers
Ravioli & veggie
Fish sticks & fruit
Mac & cheese with ham slices with veggie or fruit
Lunchables (perfect for on the go!)
And of course, the old PB & J and black bean tortilla roll-ups :)
I was so inspired by all your ideas that I went out and bought a George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine! I have visions of quesadillas and paninis stuffed with fresh vegetables and yummy cheeses. Hey, a girl can dream right?? Thanks guys for everything!!!
Also, here are a few recent happenings:
Yesterday a lady was talking to her baby in Target and said "C'mere trouble." Tristan looked at her and said (very emphatically) "HEY! WE CALL OUR BABY TROUBLE TOO!"
Pierce's favorite new expression is "WOAH." Do you remember Joey on Blossom? Yeah, he says it just like that! Whenever Tristan says "Hey come look at this!" Pierce always responds with "WOOAAAAHHH."
Tristan's latest favorite expression is "AWWWWW MAN!!!!!!!!!!!" The other day I got everyone pottied, changed, coated, socked & shoed. I even strapped Pierce into his carseat. The whole time I could hear Tristan saying "But Mommy! Hey MOMMY!" I didn't realize until I went over to his side of the car that his carseat wasn't there. I had completely forgotten that we'd put it in Mark's car over the weekend. Hence the "Awwww man!" Now Tristan says it about a million times a day and each time he gets more and more animated!
This morning Tristan told me he is no longer a "big kid" but a grown up. I asked him what grown ups do and he said "You know, stuff. Like plant trees and go to work." Okaaaaaay. I'm pretty sure he's never seen me or Mark plant a tree in his life. But now of course it is on the agenda. Kids are supposed to bring out the good in us right? Maybe we'll even plant our own garden... We have managed to keep his pet plant alive for several months....!
Tristan has also been building up my ego lately :) Several times a day he looks at me and sighs and says in this sweet, sweet voice "Mommy. You're SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL." Awww man! This morning I thanked him again for being so sweet and he said "Mommy, won't you say I made your day?" Ha! Ok then, you made my day! Well, it's true :) !!
4 comments:
Those are such endearing stories - I love them.
I've always wanted a little girl, but a little boy is sounding pretty great as well!
Oh, you will LOVE your George Foreman...did you get the one with the plates? We recently 'upgraded' to that one and I love it. :)
We LOVE the George at our house. Did you know your meat doesn't even have to be thawed before you toss it on that bad boy!? LOVE IT!
Tristans future wife (Elie?!) thanks you for teaching him to say what women LOVE to hear.
Wow. What a sweetheart T is!! It's so wonderful that he is able to verbalize his thoughts to you so well and with such emotion. Little boys are the best! Funny, Micah loves the "Aw Man" expression too. When he doesn't get his way he says it while walking away scuffing his feet. (really funny) and Makai just started the "WHOA" too. I love it!
I really hope Pierce gets some relief soon. Poor little guy....You're doing a great job Mommy!
Post a Comment