Friday, January 15, 2010

Blink

The boys had their 2 and 4 year old well baby visits yesterday. As the old adage goes, blink and you'll miss it. I can not believe my babies are 2 and 4. Where has the time gone???



Tristan is 37 pounds and 41" tall. He is still stocky and no one can believe he weighs as much as he does until he steps on the scale. The boy was born with muscles. He loves to run and jump and play - He's a true boy, through and through.

The nurse asked him to name several colors of things in the room. He answered very patiently but looked at her like she'd lost her mind. Why in the world is this woman asking me these very silly questions? Of course I know what yellow is. At least he was polite about the whole thing! She also asked if he could draw a stick figure with arms and legs. I thought a minute and finally said, "Yeah, I think he can. But he prefers to draw laser beams and booby traps." When we got home I tried to get him to draw a family portrait just to see. He drew my head and then started drawing these thick blue lines shooting out of my head. When I asked him what they were he said, "Your super powers Mommy!" That's when I gave up on the family portrait. At least he's creative!

He was scared to death of getting his shots - He knew they were coming and he cried a LOT but when it was Pierce's turn he was very sweet and kept saying things like "It's ok baby! It's ok! It'll be over soon! It'll only hurt for a minute! God will take care of you!" I just wanted to melt I was so proud :) He is such a sweet, sweet boy.



Our little bruiser is two in every meaning of the way. Mr. Independent has learned how to sleep in a big boy bed and started showing a renewed interest in the potty. He is also toying with the idea of using big boy utensils again instead of his fingers. And yesterday he learned how to open the baby proofed cabinets and drawers. The world is his oyster. He is 27 pounds and 32 3/8" tall. Best guesses show him having the exact same build as Mark! The kid is solid as a rock.

He will graduate to the next level at gymnastics next week. He can do a forward roll on his own (and will gladly show anyone and everyone including complete strangers) and he can do a backwards roll with help. He loves to grab onto the bars and swing himself out. Same with the rings - his absolute favorite. (Tristan starts gym next week.)

We are starting to see the beginnings of Spring time around here - Amazing considering we had record low temperatures for the last two weeks with highs in the 20's! But I saw fruit trees for sale at Home Depot and new buds on our maple out front so it must be true. We are all really looking forward to more outside time!!!

That's all for now. Remember not to blink!

2 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

Tell Tristan not to worry about his weight. Joseph is two and at his check up he weighed 37lbs.

JB

Ledbetter Fam said...

Oops! It was actually just 36 lbs. But, still!!!

JB