Before I get all sorts of credit for an enormously funny blog posting title I must admit that I stole this one from my friend Gretchen who is just about the funniest person I know. Thanks G in advance for letting me "borrow" your funny mojo for a moment ;)
This post doesn't really have a point which is why it's called Brain Droppings. Lots of random things I wanted to post about but no real rhyme or reason to them, just the fact that I like them all.
Here is a cute picture of the boys. It's not often I get to get a cute picture of both boys at the same time and I take pictures of a lot of kids. My own kids are on to me though and the minute they see that camera come out they are gone like a flash. This happened to be taken at the zoo when the boys were too exhausted to run or put up much of a fight but still happy enough to smile. Aaaah - bliss :) I will cherish this picture for a long, long time.
Here's Tristan looking smooth in his new Transformers sunglasses. He's all about the accessories this summer which I personally find hysterical. I love to find the coolest shades and hats for him to wear. He was looking especially suave so I quickly snapped this picture. It wasn't until I got home and looked at it on the computer that I realized it's more of a self portrait. See me? I'm in the pink. My poor kids. This is how they will remember me - perpetually terrorized by the camera.
Yesterday we went out for breakfast and T was obviously flirting with our waitress. FROM BIRTH the child has loved blondes. I will always attribute that to my friend Kristin who looks just like a walking, talking Barbie doll. I don't blame him - I'd go for blondes too if that was my first encounter with them. Anyway - I told the waitress, "He thinks you are C-U-T-E" and T immediately yelled, "CUTE!" Aw man - Looks like my spelling days are nearing an end. See? Growing up too fast.
This morning we were all piling into the van for church when I noticed that my wonderful husband had put Pierce's monkey socks on with his tennis shoes. I ran inside and got his brown church loafers and quickly replaced the socks and shoes. Pierce said, "Dad! Mom took off my MONKEY SOCKS!" Mark said, "Well son, your mom is the Fashion Queen of this van and what she says goes." Tristan said, "Well then why is she wearing a SCARF? It's only a hundred degrees outside." In my defense, it gets awfully cold in church and it was a really cute Pashmina. Really cute.
Ah, such is the life of a mother of two boys. Life stays pretty entertaining around here - I'm not sure who's having more fun. It's exhausting but it's also pretty dang funny to sit back and realize that "We don't paint with bananas" is now part of my daily vocabulary. Life is good.


2 comments:
Great post....love the final line! You are definitely blessed with a charmed life - God is good!!!!! And I love the picture of all of us girls! (Could you email me the JPEG so I can print and frame it sometime?)
Your boys are too cute & funny! And they will cherish these awesome photos when they are older. Oh, and one of my friends here wears scarfs all year round... tell Tristan you are a trendsetter! :o) heehee - Alison
Post a Comment