The other morning Pierce woke up and took one very concerned look at my forehead. Then he announced, "They just keep getting bigger and bigger Mom. Those long lines across your head up there." Leave it to the 3-year-old to be observant about my wrinkles.
It's Spring Break and we've got the whole week to just *play*. No rushing to get to school in the morning. No rushing to get home in time for lunch and nap. To be honest, I'm not one who likes to stay at home. Too much... um... togetherness is not always a good thing. But this week has been glorious. Sleeping in, leisurely breakfasts (hot ones too!), and enjoying the beautiful sunshiney days. Thank you Lord!
I gave Cassie her Spring "trim" and bath. She looks so good! And if you happen to see her be sure to tell her how pretty she is. She really does know what you're saying and she just wags and wags! In case you're wondering, trimming a labradoodle is not unlike shearing a sheep. It always amazes me how much fur is actually on that ball o' fuzz. She actually looks thinner!
We went to the zoo yesterday to check out the new penguin exhibit. AWESOMENESS!!! The penguins are so friendly and they love to show off for the kids! They were diving and jumping - It was so cute!
We recently went on a field trip to the Fire Station. Tristan is now obsessed with climbing out windows to escape the fiery furnace of death. (There was quite a graphic movie...!) The other day he said, "Mom, I'm kind of embarassed about this, but I don't know how to open my window." His room is on the second floor y'all. It's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that for five years I've been trying to baby proof this house and keep him INSIDE... And now I'm teaching him how to open his window and holler for help. It's frightening to say the least. Yesterday I told the boys to go outside and play. T said, "Ok. Go out the door or the window?" THE DOOR! THE DOOR! ALWAYS THE DOOR! At which point I got a lecture on how to appropriately escape the fiery furnace of death if the door isn't an option. *sigh*
We are shopping for a camper. Because, you know, worrying about my children leaping out of second story windows isn't terrifying enough. I'd like to throw "being eaten by bears" on the list. Mark and I joke about "embracing our inner redneck" but in all seriousness, we are really excited about it. Now to sell Wanda and look for a Suburban... The contest is on for coming up with a new name for the family vehicle!
That's all for now folks... Hope you're all enjoying a leisurely Spring Break!!

No comments:
Post a Comment