Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Use the force.

We are SO STINKIN OBSESSED with Star Wars right now.  And I have to admit, it is kind of hard to find a redeeming quality about the whole thing.  People fighting, yelling, trying to take over the universe.  We just don't need any more incentives to act like crazy people in our house. 

And yet.  The other day.  I overheard Tristan telling Pierce, "Use the force, Pierce.  That means God." 

My heart sank and leapt at the same time. 

My five year old found the best reason there could possibly be to keep obsessing about something.  God.  I am beyond proud, beyond overjoyed, beyond beyond beyond.  (Is it too much to say beyond a galaxy far far away...??)   More than that, he was able to pick that out when it had never crossed my mind.  Ever.  And folks - I was Princess Leia for two or three Halloweens in a row.  I am no Star Wars rookie.  (wookie.  hahahahaha.)

Thank you R2D2.  Thank you Master Yoda.  And thank you Luke Skywalker.  You can stay now :)



In other news, Tristan got to wear his fancy shmancy "Uniform A" to school today for a special field trip.  They went to see a production of "If you give a pig a pancake."  How handsome is my sweet boy???!!!

No comments: