Saturday, June 11, 2011

Some recent iPhone pics

Every once in a while I find myself in a situation where I (gasp) don't have my camera but I must record the moment.  What's a girl to do?  Thank God for the iPhone.  I don't have a fancy one (c'mon September...) but here are a few of those moments I wanted to share:


Our date in Branson for the marriage retreat.  As a photographer, I am hardly ever in front of the camera - always behind it.  Don't get me wrong - It's exactly where I want to be - But this was just one of those moments I wanted to remember :)


I saw this on the way home one day.  I actually turned around to get a picture of it.  Awesome.


Here are the boys crashing in our room on one of the nights we had tornadoes all night long.  *aaaaah*  I don't think I am alone in saying how EXTREMELY HAPPY I am that that's over for the year...!


Our very first strawberry of the season, grown in our very own backyard.  They are not as big and juicy as the ones you get in the store...  But they came from our own backyard!  You just can't put a price on that!  (On a side note, I used the app instagram for the effects on this picture - So fun!)


The boys on our road trip down to Baton Rouge.


Saw this and thought, One day, in all my spare time, I will paint something like this and inspire so many people.  (or maybe I'll just keep it on my phone to inspire myself!)


This was one of those proud Mommy moments where Tristan was making faces at me while I was trying to discipline him.  Most days I'm able to control my snorts when I'm in "discipline mode."  Not this day.  It was too dang funny!


Laugh if you must but I have been lusting after these dusting slippers at Hobby Lobby for months now.  They finally went on sale so I snatched up the very last pair.  Now at least I feel somewhat productive when I'm just slopping around the house!


Pierce holding up a worm for the very first time.  We were fishing.  This was big because he does NOT like bugs.  Tristan will hold anything and want to name them and keep them as a pet.  Not the same with our younger child.  This was a big moment.  He really bonded with this giant worm.


The first day home on summer vacation.  Also the moment I realized that my home will not be clean again for the next three months.


Tristan's first day to jump in from the edge of the pool.


I believe the expression is "Hotter than a two-dollar pistol."  Or something like that.


First time to play Putt-Putt.


Kung-Fu Panda 2 with our buddies Brock and Jaxon.


Fun at the zoo.


The boys have been earning "mad money" for extra things they do around the house.  They've been buying their own snow cones and toys at Dollar Tree.  Here's P putting away his wallet at the snow cone stand and T showing off his new bug collector toy.  They are so stinkin proud.  So am I.



What's that??  That would be Tristan's second time off a diving board.  Ever.  I must admit I really didn't think he'd do it the first time so I wasn't ready.  I think I was still nervous this second time around because this is all I got.  But it's a moment - captured!

1 comment:

Honeycutt Family said...

*that worm looks like a stick--freaky!
*yay for T jumping in and swimming! Grace still hates getting her face wet. ((sigh))