Mark spent an incredible week in Guatemala with the church and I took the boys down to Baton Rouge while he was gone. Mom was finishing up radiation and I have this mixed bag of emotions full of I-should-have-been-there-more and We'd-just-be-a-burden-if-we-were. It was quite a week but, no matter what, I am so glad for the time spent with my folks. There is nothing like a little cancer to make every single moment precious.
Mark had an absolutely fantastic time in Guatemala and can't wait to go back. Our church is doing some amazing things down there. I will be sure to post the link once they've gotten all their pictures up on the site. We are already looking into how I can get down there this fall. Hoping to take some pictures of my own ;) !!
While down in Tiger Country we had to make our obligatory visit to see Mike. The boys get more excited every time we see him. Did you know tigers sleep 20 hours a day??? I've never personally seen him awake... but he did yawn once while we were there and Tristan swears he growled for him while the rest of us had our backs turned.
Is this how he growled?? ;)
A side note - I dressed the boys in their adorable matching seersucker shorts on this day. I know right?? It turns out it was THE THING TO WEAR. My dad had on a seersucker shirt and two random strangers who also visited Mike had on their seersucker. Only in the South...!
We love our Big Jack!!
Dad was all too happy to point out that "wild pigs... make up the greatest part of the tiger's diet." And he'd like us to remember that when the boys are applying for college at U of Arkansas ;)
My beautiful baby boy. Growing up so fast!
Handsome boy Tristan. Processed this picture with the action Envy from Florabella's Luxe II set. Isn't it DREAMY????
A VERY rare moment - T let me use him as my model to test the lighting on my parents' front porch. These pictures will be treasured for years to come - He does not let me do this very often!!! Who cares about the watermelon stains on the shirt??? SO HAPPY :) :) !!







2 comments:
So sweet. We love going to see Mike! You gotta go late in the day, 6pm ish. I noticed the cute outfits and your dad's safari hat! Glad yall had a great trip and got some sweet pictures to treasure.
I'm always thinking of your mom and praying for her. Radiation/chemo just plain ol' sucks! Much love to your family!
Post a Comment