Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Witching Hour - Addendum

Hello fellow crafty mamas!

I had a few questions about how we made the various crafts so I thought I'd post some instructions:

1.  Footprint ghosts:  Black construction paper, white paint, sharpie marker, white paint pen.  (As a side note, I also saw this done on a wrapped canvas that had been painted black and it was SUPER CUTE.)  Have child step in glob of white paint on paper plate then place foot on paper.  Have paper towels HANDY.  Repeat with however many ghosts you need!

2.  Fingerprint spiders:  Stamp ink, fingers, googly eyes, marker, white paper.  Let me know if this needs further explanation.

3.  Handprint spiders:  Black paint, white paper, googly eyes.  Talked about how spiders have 8 legs but we have 10 fingers so we did not use our thumbs when making the hand prints.  Look at that - a little education thrown in with our craft!!

4.  Frankenstein shirts:  I used felt for the green face and black hair.  I sewed them on (and I'm NOT a super seamstress by any means) but you could use fabric glue too.  Then used fabric paint for the rest.  SUPER EASY!  (*Make sure to put cardboard or something inside your shirt before using fabric paint though as it will leak through to the back of your shirt if you don't.)

5.  Astronaut shirts:  Ok.  My genius friend Emilie is the mastermind behind this.  These were made with jersey knit fabric and sewn.  We got together three different times to make them.  They were a lot of work.  All that after we had laughed at the price tag we'd seen at a local boutique store ($50!) and snarkily said "We could totally do that."  Yes...  but in fairness...  I'd sell mine for way more than $50!!

Please send on any crafty ideas you do with your kiddos - We are always looking for ideas!!!

No comments: