Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Witching Hour

There is something called The Witching Hour.  If you have children you know exactly what I'm talking about.  If you don't...  Beware.  There comes a time at the end of every day when everyone has had their fill, parents included.  

The kids had Fall Break last week which I have to admit I had been looking forward to.  I have been missing my kiddos!!!  So I could hardly wait to stay in our pajamas all day, fix nice big breakfasts, and not be rushed to get out the door at any certain time.  I thought maybe this would be the magic fix to our little evening problem.

But the Witching Hour will not be fooled.  The Witching Hour still came, just like every other day.  

At any rate, we had a great Fall Break.   And, for once, given the holiday spirit and all, I was able to approach The Witching Hour with amusement instead of angst.  We did crafts, made pumpkin muffins, and played in the backyard for hours.  We stayed in our pajamas all day, fixed nice big breakfasts, and didn't rush at all.  Here are some of our creations:

Foot print ghosts


Hand print spiders



Finger print spiders.  I got in on this fun too.




Creating in the kitchen - Pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips!!  (Notice Pierce is still in his pajamas.  I think this was around 3:00.  Awesomeness.) 


While the kids were busy with their crafts, I got some craft on too.  I made these Frankenstein t-shirts and started making Christmas presents.  Felt very much like a little elf!!  



These are some astronaut t-shirts I made with my friend Emilie, master seamstress extraordinaire.  We had so much fun that we've decided to have a monthly (or perhaps bi-monthly...??) craft day.  


So.  Witching Hour smitching hour.  We had a great, fun-packed, much needed break!

2 comments:

Sara Norwood said...

Oooh..I love all of your crafts, but especially the frankenstein and astronaut shirts! So cute! Did you sew or paint frankenstein on? I can't tell from the picture. I have zero sewing skills :(

Honeycutt Family said...

Ditto what the Norwood Family said--do tell about how you made the Frankenstein shirt. Love it! And great job, Jenny--it looks store-bought!

Wish Jeff Co still gave Fall Break. The parents complained that they had to find childcare for a week and it was nixed. :(