So this morning I was performing my usual routine, perusing Pinterest to
steal someone else's great idea find my next crafty creation. It occurred to me that we, humans, are God's creation. Deep right? But then I got to thinking. What if my new wreath started whining at me when one of it's flowers popped off? I just super glue it back on and go on loving it right? But what if every time I walked by that wreath it complained about being too bulgy in one area or made with the wrong colors? How would that make me feel? I wonder if God feels the same way when we complain about being the wrong size or having too many freckles. Or even when we're trying to cover up our freckles. Psalm 139:14 says "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful." Your works are
wonderful. That means He loves his creations - all of us - exactly for who we are, warts and all. I think I will think about that now every time I walk by one of my little crafty creations and smile.
I am involved in a photography forum where we post pictures according to a certain theme once a month. This month's theme is Resolutions. Here is my picture. The title is "Be your inner hero."
This year, my resolution is to find more joy in each moment, let go of unnecessary guilt, love myself for who God made me, and accept God's love for who I am.
Nine days in... We'll see how it goes! I hope you are all off to a fantastic start to your new year too.
2 comments:
Girl, you ARE wonderfully made ;) I hope you know, breathe & live that!
AMEN, SISTA!!!!! :)
Post a Comment