Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Feeling kinda crafty

So this is my slowest time of the year for my photography business (ahem, shameless plug www.jennifermchamphotography.com) and since I LOVE LOVE LOVE being crafty I try to save up all my projects and do them en masse when the time comes around.  When that happens...  I tend to get a little...  obsessed.  Clothes and dishes get neglected and, who am I kidding?, baths are so overrated during the winter anyway.  Here are a few of my latest little creations:

Valentine's wreaths, made with metal heart frame and 2" x 8" strips of fabric:



A craft for my hubby :)  Someone wisely wondered at a lady's study I'm in what life would look like if we spent as much time Pinterest-ing things to do for our husbands as we do things for our kids or around the house.  I immediately set to work and found this:
(and it was a big hit :)  He is to maps what I am to crafts!)


Silhouettes of the boys.  I had the silhouettes made locally but added the scrapbook paper and rickrack.  Cute right??


Found these old window panes at The Paul Michael Company in Lake Village.  (LOVE THAT STORE.)  At $16 apiece I could hardly pass them up.  Problem is...  I found them last summer and have been chomping at the bit to do something with them since then.  I wanted them to be large picture frames but wasn't happy with JUST THAT.  Wonderful MIL suggested burlap backing.  Burlap.  It's really the solution to so many things isn't it??



And last but not least, this is the project I am currently working on in our laundry room.  NO, this is not my finished product.  (I WISH!)  But I have painted the chalkboard paint, the middle paint, and the first gazillion layers of magnetic paint and then my handsome assistant is going to help me with the molding.  I wanted to do sheet metal but, alas, Home Depot doesn't sell pieces that large.  When Home Depot doesn't have it I'm kind of at a loss.  Then someone suggested magnetic paint.  I thought, BRILLIANT!  Oh the possibilities!  Let me just tell you - That stuff is expensive, messy, and time consuming!  But I will be absolutely giddy when my laundry room looks like this:


Yesterday was a holiday (Remember Dr. King??) so the boys and I started working on their valentines.  Can't wait to post them!!!  I'm so glad the boys love doing crafts too!!!!!  :) :) :)  That's all for now!!

1 comment:

Honeycutt Family said...

I love it ALL! I haven't made my way over to Pinterest yet since I know I'll be addicted in a major way! But I had a dream last night about crafting so I know that I'm itching to CREATE something!!!! Thanks for the ideas! :)