Monday, March 19, 2012

The luck 'o the Irish!

So Mark's family is basically ALL SCOTTISH.  And by that I mean Scottish American :)  But they seriously came here directly from Scotland way, way long ago.  My family is 99% French.  And by that I mean the French kicked our butts out a long time ago and we settled in the swamps of south Louisiana and became known as coon-asses Cajuns.  The other 1% is, as luck would have it, IRISH.  So technically we can celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a certain flair and pride.  Believe me, we did just that.

Did you know that sometimes naughty little leprechauns will sneak into your house the night before St. Patrick's Day and do silly stuff around your house??  Me neither!  But here's what happened at our house that night:

We found this on our kitchen table.  Silly leprechaun tried to trick us with pretend gold!!!  But he was nice enough to leave an Irish Blessing for us!


Then the boys found these outside their bedroom doors - REAL LEPRECHAUN GOLD!!!  A whole dollar each!!!



Leprechaun also doodled all over our face placemats and made us all into leprechauns!!


And peed in our toilet - AND FORGOT TO FLUSH!!!!


and turned all our kitchen chairs around backwards!!!


He also dumped all the boys' underwear all over their rooms - RASCAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

The day of, everyone got into the spirit.  Well, almost everyone.  Some of us had to be coerced into wearing our green:


Pinch Proof Potion, AKA green tinted milk, tastes "just like regular milk."  A wee bit disappointing.



Daddy worked really hard to make the boys rainbow pancakes:


And he snapped this picture of me with the boys - CHERISH!  It's not often that a) they'll sit still long enough and b) I'm not holding the camera.  Thanks honey :)


Mark and I finished off the night by watching The Boondock Saints and drinking Guinness beer.  Hope you all had an insanely lucky day too!!!!

2 comments:

Kari Marie said...

You are just the cutest mom ever. It's amazing how creative you are with making each day so special!

Jen said...

Hey, so where can I take the Jenny McHam training course on how to be an awesomely creative Mom? Seriously, you rock! I wish I had the foresight to make my children's childhood as magical as yours. ;-)

Hugs for Texas,
Jen