Monday, April 9, 2012

Hippity hoppity

HE IS RISEN!!!!!

I am always amazed at the emotions that run through me during this precious and awesome time of year. God's perfect, flawless sacrifice for us - His only son - so that we may live with Him forever.  I hope you were able to take some solitude during the busy-ness of life this weekend and think for a bit on just how much you are loved.

We spent the glorious holiday in Baton Rouge celebrating with my folks.  It was a whirlwind trip, driving down on Thursday evening and back on Sunday evening, but well worth it.  We had a great time visiting a friend's farm (where the boys fed baby cows and rode a gentle horse named Jack), went antiquing (ok *I* went antiquing with my mom and it was AWESOME!!), and ate ourselves silly.  Oh and let's not forget about dying eggs, hunting eggs, eating eggs... 

Oh and all the candy.  I knew I was forgetting something.

Feeding baby cows at the farm:




Riding Jack, the most gentle horse on the planet.  The boys felt like real cowboys, riding bareback and all.  They did end up sliding off of him at the end there (but both got back on - Brave boys!!  So proud!!)  I swear, I've never seen a horse act this way before.  After the boys fell off, he came over and nudged our arms with his velvetty nose and actually LICKED MY ARM.  He was genuinely concerned about our little cowboys.  Sweetest.  Horse.  Ever.


Ok he may be the sweetest horse ever but I still couldn't resist this picture.  It makes me laugh every time I look at it!  Good ole Jack - He was a good sport!


Dying eggs.  These little contraptions were supposedly spill proof.  Do not be fooled.



And it wouldn't be spring time in Louisiana without some crawfish.  Pierce was more interested in playing with the crawfish than eating them but Tristan really got into it this year!  So proud - my little Cajun boy :)




I looked over to find Pierce dancing his dinner - I MEAN NEW PET CRAWFISH - across the deck and singing "I'm a little crawfish."  



The boys with Nana & Big Jack before our big Easter Egg Hunt.

Check it out!  A picture of us!! 



And we almost had a great family shot too!  Too bad Tristan looks constipated.  Oh well - Maybe next year.

Hope you all had a blessed Easter holiday too!

2 comments:

Laura Wilkinson said...

Love, love, love that picture of you and Mark! Such a sweet, beautiful family!! Happy Easter- He is risen!

The Armstrong's said...

First things first...you look amazing girl! Your dress is gorgeous. Mark you look amazing to dude, haven't aged a day since high school. Teeeeheee. Just a note for Mark, I'm being Baptised this Sunday. Remember all those deep conversations in college-turns out you were right all along! ;-)