Saturday, January 12, 2008

2 1/2 weeks

Wow! It is a little harder to blog with two kids :) !! I'm so sorry I haven't been keeping better posts. Hopefully this will catch everybody up on what we've been doing the past week: Feed Pierce, play with Tristan, change Pierce, play with Tristan, watch Pierce sleep, play with Tristan... Oh yeah, and change a few of Tristan's diapers too ;) !! This is going to be completely exhausting when my mom leaves tomorrow!! But even still - We are thoroughly enjoying having two kids now. Words can not describe how fulfilling these past 2 1/2 weeks have been and how complete our little family feels now. I can't even remember a time when Pierce wasn't a part of it.

Several of you have asked about the c-section recovery - Thank you! You are so sweet! Things are going well. My doctor said I could drive once I could jump off the bottom step of our stairs without being scared :) (This is so I wouldn't panic about slamming on the breaks & hitting my incision to avoid an accident and therefore cause a bigger wreck...) Well, I took the jump and so far, so good! I have picked up Tristan for short distances but I haven't carried him around yet. I also haven't mastered putting him in and out of his car seat yet so technically we are still housebound. Soon though! And as far as the actual c-section is concerned - I can honestly say it was a lot like labor... I can't remember much of it at all! I guess this is God's way of making sure we have more babies ;) ! (Not US per se, but people in general - ha!)

Here are some pictures of the last week:




My first "outing" with the boys. Tristan loves to watch the tractors and trucks working on the new houses in our neighborhood, Chaos loves to poop in all our new neighbors' yards, and I just like getting out of the house. It's a win-win-win all the way around.



Our little angel






Our sweet big boy





Peek-a-boo - I see you!

Tristan & Big Jack headed out for a walk

5 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

I'm so glad things are going well for you guys!!! You all look really happy.

JB

Sara Norwood said...

Jenny - for someone who just gave birth 2 1/2 weeks ago, you look great!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys - looks like you are settling right in with the new home, new job, new state, new baby! A LOT of changes and you don't sound any worse for the wear! I love seeing pictures of sweet Pierce, what a darling - I really see a lot of Mark in him. Tristan did so good saying happy birthday! We miss you tons - keep the pictures coming!
Love, Lindsey

Honeycutt Family said...

HA! That is funny about not being able to blog as much. C'mon girl--get on the stick! JK! :)
Question--would you say that you preferred the recovery of a c-section or of a vaginal delivery? Just curious...
Love the pics and stories. Keep 'em coming (when you can). We miss y'all!
Love,
Jen
P.S. I also agree with what Lindsey said above--you sound like things are going really well with all the changes going on in your lives. Praying for you that God continues to give you peace amongst the chaos...

The Armstrong's said...

Pierce looks so adorable...as does T! I love the pictures.