Thursday, January 17, 2008

3 1/2 weeks

Well we are trucking right along :) Pierce is 3 1/2 weeks old already - wow! We're tracking his weight really closely to make sure I'm producing enough milk for him (I had a low supply with Tristan) and so far so good. Pierce is up to 8 lb. 14 oz. - chunker! (His discharge weight from the hospital was 6 lb. 7 oz.)

Things have been going alright since Nana left. Tristan was an absolute ANGEL on Monday but things haven't stayed QUITE that good as the week has progressed. I think T is finally realizing that Pierce is here to stay and he's no longer getting my sole undivided attention anymore. He likes to come and "Sit by baby??" which is really 2 year old code for "Sit on baby's head??" and which really isn't even a question. He likes to do this while I'm nursing which means I have limited mobility... It makes for some interesting times! Oh well - We'll figure it out right?? In the meantime, I'm praying for lots of patience!!

Here are a few pictures from the past week:

We've started telling Tristan "You're TOUGH!" when he gets hurt. It helps make everything feel better sooner! So we found this Superman placemat at Wal-Mart and we call it his "tough guy" placemat :) Here is Tristan saying "TOUGH!"
Pierce loves to talk to his bears :) Here he is trying to reach for them. I am really enjoying the baby stage so much more this time around because I'm not as anxious for "that next big milestone".

3 comments:

Tracy Robinson said...

you gotta watch those toddlers... i cant tell you the number of times i have caught presley trying to sit on jude when he was a little teeny baby. i busted her once laying on top of him while he was in the swing (hands and feet off the ground!) she still gets mad when i nurse him and all the girls try to crawl all over me! but she DOES love him ;)

Honeycutt Family said...

What a big boy Pierce is--already reaching for things! Way to go, little guy!
Miss you TONS!
Love,
Jen

Jana Kay said...

Wow! Tristan is getting so big and Pierce is such an adorable baby! I can't wait to see him and introduce him to his favorite Aunt in the world!! :)