Monday, March 16, 2009

Captain Creativity

Oh what an amazing mind a 3-year old has! Tristan has been so creative lately that it's getting harder and harder to keep a straight face when he backtalks. Here are just a few of the latest & greatest:

On spitting:
"Tristan. We don't spit."
"It's ok Mommy because I'm a camel."
"No, you're not a camel. You're a boy. And we don't spit in this family."
"But Daddy does it! And so does Mr. Charlie next door!"
"Well. That's something you need to ask Daddy about then. When you're a grown up you get to make more choices."
"Ok. Daddy! Mommy said I get to spit when I grow up!"

On trying to rip the baby gate out of the wall:
"Tristan. We don't man handle the baby gates."
"It's ok Mommy because I'm a BAD GUY and I'm breaking out of JAIL!"

On chewing with his mouth open:
"Tristan. We don't chew with our mouth open."
"It's ok Mommy because I'm an ANIMAL! This is how we eat in the WILD!"

On peeing before bedtime:
"Tristan. You need to go to the bathroom before we go to bed."
"NOOOOO! I don't want to go pee pee! There is no pee pee coming out of my penis!"
"Ok. I'll trade you one pee pee for one story."

pause. pause. pause.

"Nooooo!" and then very seriously: "TWO stories."

And finally, hearing my words come out of a 3-year old's mouth:
"Pierce! We don't EAT DOG FOOD!"

Here is a conversation we had this morning:

"Mommy, Pierce is a great baby."

"He is! And you're a great big kid!"

"And you're a GREAT BIG MOMMY!"

Hope you're all getting just as many chuckles! (And if you're not, let me know - I can make you a good deal on a 3-year old...)

2 comments:

Kari said...

What an excellent way to start my morning. Thanks for the laughs from Mr. Creative!

The Armstrong's said...

That was really cute! He is such a big boy now, so cute in the picture.